Login window for keyring question

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nniiss

Login window for keyring question

Post by nniiss »

my computer

RELEASE=18.1
CODENAME=serena
EDITION="Xfce 64-bit"
DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 18.1 Serena"
DESKTOP=Xfce
TOOLKIT=GTK
NEW_FEATURES_URL=http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_serena_xfce_whatsnew.php
RELEASE_NOTES_URL=http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_serena_xfce.php
USER_GUIDE_URL=help:linuxmint
GRUB_TITLE=Linux Mint 18.1 Xfce 64-bit

Every time I open a browser or anything that would call up the keyring login window I have to click on that window to inter text or numbers. Shouldn't this window already be selected for text entry?
Selection_001.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Login window for keyring question

Post by Cosmo. »

Do you have any window (might be a clock or anything else) set to always stay on top? This can steal the focus.
nniiss

Post by nniiss »

No most of the time i just started the system and open firefox and the the keyring pops up and i have to click on it to enter text. The one thing that might be do it is firefox
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

I get a prompt (may even "be" that one) using Google Chrome for the first time in a session.
and I believe it stems from auto-login (to the desktop).

I could be wrong, I installed Windows once.
jsb
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jsb »

Habitual wrote:I get a prompt (may even "be" that one) using Google Chrome for the first time in a session.
I think you are correct. I had this with chrome and seems to have gone away by turning off auto-login.
MintyO

Post by MintyO »

Habitual wrote:I get a prompt (may even "be" that one) using Google Chrome for the first time in a session.
I get that too, but it says "login keyring" or something (for me it says it in another language so I'm just transguesslating). I don't have to choose it first, just type in my password if it's of any interest to OP.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

This happens on mine as well, also on the rare occasions I have to terminate the browser the session manager window doesn't have focus. I believe it's because the main program window is still loading, the last to finish getting the focus.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
nuiq2

Post by nuiq2 »

I used to get this login window whenever I used chromium or opera, but never on Firefox. Every time I opened chromium I would have to click on "cancel". The window would disappear, then reappear and I would have to do it a second time. Then when I closed chromium, I would have to do it two more times. It was irritating, to say the least. One day I brought up the package manager and, without really knowing why, uninstalled seahorse. I haven't been bothered with it since. I'll confess that I don't know what I did, but it didn't seem to do any harm and it certainly got rid of that login window. I'm running Linux Mint 18.1 Mate on both a desktop and a laptop by the way. What is seahorse? Installing it seemed to be the default option but it doesn't seem to be essential to anything I am using.

Return to “Xfce”