Can't see Background images in Desktop settings...

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
mingle
Level 3
Level 3

Can't see Background images in Desktop settings...

Post by mingle » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 am

Hi Guys,

This is a curious one - when I go into Setting>Desktop to change my background image/wallpaper I can't
see any images under the "Background' tab, just a small blue square (see attached pic)

The background images are in the folder (see second pic). I've tried selecting different folders and get
the same result.

If I use the file-manager and right-click on an image file, I can select the "Set as wallpaper" option without
any issues.

I haven't need to change my background image for a few weeks, so I suspect the problem may have resulted
from a system update at some time over the past few weeks.

Is there any cache for the background images that the Desktop setting may access in order to display the
available background i8mages for a particular folder and is there a way of clearing/resetting it?

As ever, all comments and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Mike.

jsb
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can't see Background images in Desktop settings...

Post by jsb » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 pm

mingle wrote:I haven't need to change my background image for a few weeks, so I suspect the problem may have resulted
from a system update at some time over the past few weeks.
FWIW, I do not have that issue and system is updated. I have XFCE 18.1, 64 bit and all updates installed for levels 1-3 (I exclude level 4 and 5).

TLMAC
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can't see Background images in Desktop settings...

Post by TLMAC » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:50 am

Mingle

I believe you on the right trail. I'm using 18.0 Sarah and this is the process that works for it. Hope it still applies to 18.1.

Instead of trying to select an individual wallpaper pic from within the folder, simply select the "folder" and click "Open". All the wallpaper images/pics in the folder should then populate the white blank space. Then you just choose the image/pic that you wish to use by left clicking on it one time.

Hope this helps
Mac

Return to “Xfce”