I'd like Screenshot>Host_on_imgur to upload to my imgur account (not just general imgur site)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

I'd like Screenshot>Host_on_imgur to upload to my imgur account (not just general imgur site)

Post by pepperminty »

Is there a way to get the Screenshot>Host_onImgur to upload to my imgur account, and not just to the general imgur image bank?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: I'd like Screenshot>Host_on_imgur to upload to my imgur account (not just general imgur site)

Post by Cosmo. »

Try shutter.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Re: I'd like Screenshot>Host_on_imgur to upload to my imgur account (not just general imgur site)

Post by pepperminty »

Cosmo. wrote:Try shutter.
Is shutter even an option in Printscreen?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty", & Anyone Else Interested in this,

1.) As user "Cosmo" suggested, try "shutter" print screen tool. Install "Shutter" and "postr" (flickr uploader) from the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM). There are also PPA's to keep "shutter" updated or to use newer testing and development versions.

FYI: With "postr" (flickr uploader) installed, you can run it separately from the menu, or from most image editor, or screen capture programs, and your file managers, etc...

Downloads and PPA's
http://shutter-project.org/downloads/

Setting Shutter as default print screen application
http://shutter-project.org/faq-help/set ... shot-tool/

Upload to Flickr
http://shutter-project.org/faq-help/upload-to-flickr/

2.) Take Screenshots And Upload To Imgur With "Imgur-Screenshot"
(Optional: Nautilus, Nemo And Caja Imgur Upload Scripts)
http://www.webupd8.org/2016/04/take-scr ... imgur.html

"Imgur-Screenshot" Is a Nifty Screengrab and Upload Tool for Linux
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/imgu ... otos-linux

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

pepperminty wrote:Is shutter even an option in Printscreen?
Shutter is a program. It can be used instead of using the build in printscreen function. Both work quite independently from each other.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

so that's what shutter is.

Post by pepperminty »

Cosmo. wrote:
pepperminty wrote:Is shutter even an option in Printscreen?
Shutter is a program. It can be used instead of using the build in printscreen function. Both work quite independently from each other.
Ah, I see. I thought shutter was an image-hosting site. lol.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Shutter also just uploads anonymously to imgur

Post by pepperminty »

Cosmo. wrote:Try shutter.
Like Xfce's default PrintScreen program, Shutter uploads anonymously only to imgur.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Shutter also just uploads anonymously to imgur

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty",

If you read the links I provided, you can select to upload using Flickr Upload (postr) from within Shutter or other applications, and it works, because I tested it.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

I don't want to upload to flickr

Post by pepperminty »

phd21 wrote:Hi "pepperminty",

If you read the links I provided, you can select to upload using Flickr Upload (postr) from within Shutter or other applications, and it works, because I tested it.
But I don't want to upload to Flickr, whether anonymously or into my Flickr account. The thing I like with uploading to my imgur account is that I'm still anonymous when I share my images/photos. Not even my imgur username is published. But with flickr, if you share a pic, your other pics and albums (the public ones) are visible, and your username too is visible.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I don't want to upload to flickr

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty",

I understand now about how you feel regarding flicker ...

1.) Why not just use the email option of Imgur where you can email the images to your account? This can be done through screen capture programs, file managers, image editors, etc...
To upload images via email you must first activate an email address. To activate an email address submit a new email address below. You will receive an activation link at the email address you just submitted. Once you click on the link you can send images to upload@imgur.com as attachments. These images will get uploaded to your account and will be visible on your images page. Zip, rar, and plain images are accepted.

2.) What about the option #2 "Imgur-Screenshot". It is a little bit of a pain to setup, I used the webup8 instructions, but it works because I tested that as well. Note: download v1.7.3 of the script.

Hope this helps ...
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty",

While helping other Linux Mint members, I came across these articles. One of which claims they have a plugin module for the "Shutter" screen capture application to upload to "imgur". Supposedly, you download the "imgur.pm" file and copy it into the Shutter's plugin folder and restart Shutter, and your good to go. I have not yet tried this. You might have to install (reinstall) the Shutter package using the latest revision.

this is where I found the information:
Bug #1565048 “imgur upload plugin no longer works due to now uns...”
https://bugs.launchpad.net/shutter/+bug/1565048
Timothy Zorn (systemdisc) wrote on 2017-01-03: #20
My fix allows Imgur Guest to work again, but also adds Imgur OAuth:
https://code.launchpad.net/~systemdisc/ ... rge/313977

imgur-fix : Code : Shutter
https://code.launchpad.net/~systemdisc/ ... /imgur-fix

Hope this helps ...
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Xfce's screenshot tool manages to properly handle the user's credentials for ZimageZ. But I do not know if that hosting site offers what you are looking for as far as your (pseudo-)anonymity goes.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by pepperminty »

Is there a way to hack the Screenshot>Host_on_imgur code, to make it upload to my imgur account?

Return to “Xfce”