Update Manager and Time problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cryogent

Update Manager and Time problems

Post by cryogent »

Hi,
i'm a noobie in term of linux.
I want to migrate from windows to linux, so i installed on a separate hdd Linux Mint 18.1 64bit XFCE.
The problem appears after two months after installing, i forget my password ( i know, very noob, shame on me) and i do some steps to change the old pass and it was successfull, but after that......

First problem i have ( i have do same search on forums , tryed something but not working) the Update manager no longer want to fetch update/connect to servers.
Internet of course is working.
Tryed different Software Sources, even default ones, fix MergeList problems/ Purge residual configuration from Maintenance, open from terminal, ...... nothing works.
What are the future steps to troubleshooting ?

Second problem is related to time showed in taskbar, in the begining my time it was two hours ago, i was thinking it was related to BIOS battery which is to old, but in BIOS the time was corect.
Changed the time from "synchronized with server" to "manual", after restart the time is two hours ahead!!!
Is DST enabled somewhere?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”