[Solved] I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

[Solved] I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Post by pepperminty »

I created a launcher in Mint Menu. I did so by right-clicking the Mint Menu, choosing "Edit Applications". When MenuLibre opens up, I click the Plus Sign in the upper left, then choose "Add Launcher". I give my launcher a title (e.g., My Tasks) and command.

Now, when I press Windows Key and type the first few letters (e.g. "My"), I see the "My Tasks" launcher, which is just what I want.

But here's the problem. I go back to MenuLibre, I try to find "My Tasks" but I don't see it. Where did it go? I even tried using the search box in MenuLibre, but I searched in vain.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by pepperminty »

deepakdeshp wrote:Does this help?
viewtopic.php?t=126893%20%20%20.
I don't think so.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi pepperminty...when i created my 2 launchers for my system and then rebooted, the menu created a folder called "Others" which was located in the "All Applications" column...i clicked on that folder and found my added launchers there...hope this is of help...DAMIEN
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

[solved] I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Post by pepperminty »

DAMIEN1307 wrote:hi pepperminty...when i created my 2 launchers for my system and then rebooted, the menu created a folder called "Others" which was located in the "All Applications" column...i clicked on that folder and found my added launchers there...hope this is of help...DAMIEN
I created my own folder called "My own stuff". I then saved my launchers inside the folder. Now I see my folder and launchers in both the Mint menu and in menulibre.
jcoles
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [Solved] I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Post by jcoles »

So what did you do differently the second time, pepperminty?
I can't get new menus and launchers to persist, even after a complete reboot. What is the secret?
I also can't move launchers between menus.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [Solved] I created a launcher in MenuLibre but can't see it there after saving.

Post by pepperminty »

jcoles wrote:So what did you do differently the second time, pepperminty?
I can't get new menus and launchers to persist, even after a complete reboot. What is the secret?
Can I suggest upgrading to Mint 18.2 XFCE first and see if that helps you?
jcoles
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jcoles »

pepperminty wrote:
jcoles wrote:So what did you do differently the second time, pepperminty?
Can I suggest upgrading to Mint 18.2 XFCE first and see if that helps you?
I am upgraded to Mint 18.2. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
If I access the menu editor by right-clicking the Mint Menu, I get mozo, not MenuLibre. Are you sure that you actually used MenuLibre?
I found your posting via search and only now see that this is an XFCE forum. I have MATE. I'll pursue the issue over there.
Thanks.

Return to “Xfce”