[SOLVED] Print Screen Key Binding

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Yogich

[SOLVED] Print Screen Key Binding

Post by Yogich »

Somehow, the 'print screen' key binding for screen capture is, gone. I have no idea how to create, one. I have searched the menu, then the forums, and have found no answer. There must be a, way...?

I am on XFCE Desktop (Serena). Hoping someone, knows. :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BrianD

Re: Print Screen Key Binding

Post by BrianD »

You may create one, if you desire.

From the menu, choose 'Settings' then 'Keyboard'
In the Keyboard dialog, choose the second tab labeled "Application Shortcuts"
Click on the Add button.
In the ensuing dialog, you'd enter the command you wish to run, followed by the 'hotkey' sequence you wish to use to invoke it.

For reference, my Linux Mint 18.1 XFCE (32-bit) installation on my netbook (looking at it now for reference) has
xfce4-screenshooter
..defined for the Print key.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

...ah. and I now see, after responding, that you say you're running Cinnamon. Probably posted here in the XFCE section by mistake. I'm not sure what mechanism Cinnamon uses for application shortcuts and such -- I've never run Cinnamon for more than a few minutes, as it is not compatible with my (very standard) hardware configuration, so I cannot help further.
Yogich

Post by Yogich »

Hi..

Thank you, for the reply...according to everything I'm seeing in the .config directory, I am running XFCE Desktop. I looked up what you suggested, and it now, works. I had read various sources, and every one of them chose a different avenue. Having been away from XFCE, for 2 or 3 years, I was at a loss. lol

Again... Thank you.

Now, pray, tell...how do I mark this, [solved]!? rotfl Haven't posted in some, time.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Yogich wrote:how do I mark this, [solved]!?
Go back to the first post in this thread. As you are the author, you should still have an "Edit Post" button. Click on that, then add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the subject text.

While doing that, you might wish to edit the line where you stated you were running Cinnamon instead of Xfce, lol.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Yogich

Post by Yogich »

MtnDewManiac wrote:
Go back to the first post in this thread. As you are the author, you should still have an "Edit Post" button. Click on that, then add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the subject text.

While doing that, you might wish to edit the line where you stated you were running Cinnamon instead of Xfce, lol.

Regards,
MDM
Well, DUH! ROTFL My aging mind, backfired :roll:

Return to “Xfce”