In Thunar, how do we "Connect to Server..."?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

In Thunar, how do we "Connect to Server..."?

Post by pepperminty »

I was advised to go to Thunar>File>Connect_to_Server, but I don't see this "Connect to server" option.
So how do connect to a server? I'm trying to connect to my wireless router.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: In Thunar, how do we "Connect to Server..."?

Post by altair4 »

Thunar does not have a "Connect to Server" option. Most XFCE based distros like Xubuntu come with gigolo sudo apt install gigolo for this function. Mint is the exception.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by pepperminty »

I think I found the answer.
In Thunar, it's under Go>Location.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

That either switches you from Pathbar to Toolbar View or highlights the path if you are already in Toolbar view.

It doesn't open up a Connect-to-Server app:
ConnectToServer.png
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I've used Gigolo for years in Mint's Xfce editions. It's always worked for me. :-)

Once connected through Gigolo, I can then see/access my connections in Thunar's "Network" heading in the left pane.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

SOLVED: In Thunar, how do we "Connect to Server..."?

Post by pepperminty »

richyrich wrote:I've used Gigolo for years in Mint's Xfce editions. It's always worked for me. :-)

Once connected through Gigolo, I can then see/access my connections in Thunar's "Network" heading in the left pane.
Okay, looks like gigolo is already installed on my computer. I do hope I'll see the newly connected networks in my Thunar after I use Gigolo. :)

Return to “Xfce”