In file manager, wish there was a way to sort by Alphabetical order with files AND folders merged into one list [Solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

In file manager, wish there was a way to sort by Alphabetical order with files AND folders merged into one list [Solved]

Post by pepperminty »

Currently, when I have Thunar (1.6.11) sort by Name, the folders and files are divided like this

Apple folder
Juliet folder
Zebra folder
Ant.txt
Jam.txt
Yoyo.txt

-----
I want this sort of view:

Ant.txt
Apple folder
Jam.txt
Juliet folder
Yoyo.txt
Zebra folder
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: In file manager, wish there was a way to sort by Alphabetical order with files AND folders merged into one list

Post by all41 »

open an instance of file manager-in the toolbar click Edit/Preferences.Under the first tab 'Display'
you will have a check mark in the box 'Sort folders before files'
Uncheck that box.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

SOLVED

Post by pepperminty »

all41 wrote:open an instance of file manager-in the toolbar click Edit/Preferences.Under the first tab 'Display'
you will have a check mark in the box 'Sort folders before files'
Uncheck that box.

all41 and 14all! Thanks so much. This will come in handy when I'm on a web browser and save a complete webpage (i.e., html page and folder of images and other files).
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: SOLVED

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty",
pepperminty wrote:This will come in handy when I'm on a web browser and save a complete webpage (i.e., html page and folder of images and other files).
FYI: I always found it easier and less messy saving webpages as "PDF" files by installing "cups-pdf" and printing to PDF, or using the excellent browser add-on "fireshot". Other options include saving webpages as single files using add-ons like "save as mht", or "SingleFile", etc...

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by pepperminty »

phd21 wrote:Hi "pepperminty",
pepperminty wrote:This will come in handy when I'm on a web browser and save a complete webpage (i.e., html page and folder of images and other files).
FYI: I always found it easier and less messy saving webpages as "PDF" files by installing "cups-pdf" and printing to PDF, or using the excellent browser add-on "fireshot". Other options include saving webpages as single files using add-ons like "save as mht", or "SingleFile", etc...

Hope this helps ...
hi Dr.21,
thanks for your reply. :D In Firefox, my preferred browser, I can't save as mht or SingleFile. The only choices are save as html or save as Complete Webpage. I'm aware of the save-as-PDF option, but can't remember why I didn't use that. :?:
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "pepperminty",

You are welcome...

I always install Fireshot in all my browsers...

Installing "cups-pdf" from the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) gives all your applications the ability to print to PDF files, and they show up in a PDF folder in your Home folder and automatically named from the webpage; you can of course move them to another folder.

You would have to add those other store webpages as a single file add-ons to whichever browser you are using, (search for "save as mht" or "save as mhtml", or "singlefile" or "single file", etc...), then they are in your right click menu or toolbar buttons.

Hope this helps ...
ChromeBrowser_RightClickMenu_FireShot.jpg
Firefox_Fireshot_AddOn_for_PDF1sm.jpg
Firefox_Cups-PDF_PrintToPDF2sm.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Xfce”