Working with thunar in other disk it stops

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pelzian
Level 3
Level 3

Working with thunar in other disk it stops

Post by Pelzian »

Hi there,
I have a problem with Thunar. In my system there are two version of Linux (Linux Mint and Debian with Xfce4). These two version are in different disks and sometime I need to work with one of them, but when I try to work deeply in Debian I notice that Thunar stops to work. I can't understand why, because I find everything right, disk is mounted and I don't get any error.
Does anybody give an help?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Working with thunar in other disk it stops

Post by catweazel »

Are you talking about LMDE (debian) or some other distro?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pelzian
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pelzian »

catweazel wrote:Are you talking about LMDE (debian) or some other distro?
Hi, in Debian I am using XFCE4 and in Mint 18 XFCE
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Not understanding what is meant by "stops to work" I'll take a stab and offer this:

In the Thunar menu, click View > Show Hidden Files
Pelzian
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pelzian »

MrEen wrote:Not understanding what is meant by "stops to work"
Well, I mean that when I try to search deep in the position where is stored the second OS (Debian XFCE installed in other disk) if I search some files, for instance in a
Home--->Photos--->cities--->place---> and then I try to click on the file called "magellano.png" thunar in that moment doesn't work. It stops. Therefore I have to close it and then reopen again. Sometime it works in this way but many other not.
I hope you can understand what I mean.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

I think I understand what you are experiencing now, but I have no idea why.

Hopefully that is enough information for someone with more knowledge than myself to offer assistance.

Good luck.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Since you're dealing with two different distros, you might want to ask this question on https://forum.xfce.org/ . Especially since at least one member (T0Z) has been known to delve into the source code and, once, even install an additional distro just to help someone with their issue.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of helpful people here, too :P . But Thunar has been having some... issues in recent versions, and the member I mentioned - I think - knows about patches and nightly(?) git builds and the like, so he may be able to recall an applicable bug in whatever version it is that you're running.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Pelzian wrote:
catweazel wrote:Are you talking about LMDE (debian) or some other distro?
Hi, in Debian I am using XFCE4 and in Mint 18 XFCE
Ok, well, it's got nothing to do with Mint if it's happening in Debian.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pelzian
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Pelzian »

catweazel wrote:...Ok, well, it's got nothing to do with Mint if it's happening in Debian.
No, this happen when I am using Thunar in Mint and not in Debian. Maybe the question is shared between Thunar and Mint, just I try to suppose. But I will write to XFCE forum for more explanation.

Thanks

Return to “Xfce”