Can't move windows to different workspace

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hawkeye315

Can't move windows to different workspace

Post by hawkeye315 »

XFCEwm4 isn't allowing me to move across workspaces in mint.

In cinnamon on this laptop and my Arch XFCE desktop I am able to either drag windows to the left or right until the workspace switches or press the window switching hotkey combo while grabbing the window and it will switch.

If I grab the window and press the hotkey, it just shifts my cursor and window over about 25 pixels. Even if I am on the edge, then it just doesn't move. If I try dragging it, it doesn't cross the boundary and just goes into split screen. The only way is to right click on the bar and navigate to "move to workspace"

Is there something that I am doing wrong or is this an actual problem or bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Can't move windows to different workspace

Post by richyrich »

Have you added the Workspace Switcher to the panel ? If yes, then give it a right-click > Workspace Settings, how many workspaces are set ? In the Margins tab, are they set to 0 (zero) ?

You can also check the Window Manager Tweaks program's Workspace tab.
hawkeye315

Post by hawkeye315 »

Yes to all of those questions.
GeryTeX

Post by GeryTeX »

Here is what I had to do to get this feature (not enabled by default, instead you get this split-screen on edge):

Menu -> Settings -> Windows Manager -> "Advanced" Tab
Wrap workspaces when reaching the screen edge: Check "With a dragged window"

I don't know about a hotkey to do it without reaching the edge however.

Return to “Xfce”