Unable to get the Taskbar after upgrate to Sonya 18.2

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tyway

Unable to get the Taskbar after upgrate to Sonya 18.2

Post by tyway »

Hi,

I'm running Sonya and upgraded it today. I now see that the bottom taskbar is missing and I am given to work with panels.

I am not able to reset it to the old look with the taskbar at the bottom. No matter how hard I tried. The bottom taskbar was like the windows bar at the bottom.How do I get the bottom taskbar as I had in Mint 17 Serena.?

Please help!

Thanks in advance...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Unable to get the Taskbar after upgrate to Sonya 18.2

Post by MrEen »

See if this helps:

Right click an empty space on the panel and choose Panel > Panel Preferences...

You probably want Length% at 100 if it isn't already there.

Now click the Items tab and see if Window Buttons is in the list (I'm guessing no.) To add it, click the big plus sign in the vertical section on the right, scroll down to Window Buttons and click it then click Add, then click Close.

My desktop doesn't have Wifi so I'm not sure what would need adding to get that back, but you can probably figure it out yourself in that same area.
tyway

[SOLVED] Re: Unable to get the Taskbar after upgrate to Sonya 18.2

Post by tyway »

Thanks a Ton!

I did find out that there were two things I was looking for. I did as you suggested and found the Indicator Plugin and Notification Area; this solved my problem.

Thank you for the assistance.

Return to “Xfce”