Application (etc.) Icons Changed Recently!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Application (etc.) Icons Changed Recently!

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Using Xfce. Noticed that, within the past week or so, my icon set changed. It changed to the high-contrast one. "That's odd," I thought, and changed it back to one of the "Mint" ones. At which point, I saw that things looked... Regressed(?), somehow. Like, if it were a Microsoft OS instead of linux, one of the newer version's icon sets had been replaced with an older set from XP, lol. This is not something I expected from linux (especially not the automatic change from what I had set previously to a different - high-contrast - set).

I wonder, did something in Xfce just recently change from Gtk2.x to Gtk3.x?

I have not done a lot of exploring, but when I ran Firefox just now, I noticed that the title bar is very light gray and the tabs/address area is a medium gray. I'm almost positive that they were all the same color last week (the medium gray, I think).

I don't know what to do in order to get my old icons back. I would have thought that simply changing the icon set back to a Mint one would have done it, but that seems to have only brought most of the visual things back.

Thanks in advance,
MDM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
shengchieh

Re: Application (etc.) Icons Changed Recently!

Post by shengchieh »

Did you recently update your system? If so, it is possible that the settings changed. Go to

Settings -> Destop
Settings -> Appearance

and configure to your liking.

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Xfce”