Touchpad not "clicking" on double tap AND not scrolling after upgrade to Mint 18.3 Sylvia (XFCE)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bradypus

Touchpad not "clicking" on double tap AND not scrolling after upgrade to Mint 18.3 Sylvia (XFCE)

Post by Bradypus »

Hi there!

I have recently upgraded my Dell Vostro 1000 from Linux Mint 18.2 to 18.3 via apt-get upgrade, following instructions at https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3462

Everything worked fine, the process was very smooth. However, I noticed I am no longer able to "click" or select items by double-tapping the touchpad. vertical and horizontal scrolling through the touchpad are also gone.

It seems like there's no option (in XFCE) to activate "clicking by double-tapping" or scrolling in the touchpad settings window (Settings --> Mouse and Touchpad --> Touchpad tab).

Is there any way I can make that work?

Thank you for any help on that.

PS - The LM 18.2 installation was recent and I'm not 100% sure double-tapping and scrolling with the touchpad worked before, but I only noticed they didn't after I upgraded and I think I would have noticed that before.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Touchpad not "clicking" on double tap AND not scrolling after upgrade to Mint 18.3 Sylvia (XFCE)

Post by Pepi »

I never got any answers from my post here ...viewtopic.php?f=90&t=259869

I think there maybe a bug with 18.3 on the touchpad.
Bradypus

Re: Touchpad not "clicking" on double tap AND not scrolling after upgrade to Mint 18.3 Sylvia (XFCE)

Post by Bradypus »

I ended up reinstalling and then it worked.

It took me the whole morning, though.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

I went back to LMDE2 on my laptop. 18.3 Cinnamon is not working good with the touchpad for me? It is choppy and I can't control the buttons since synclient doesn't work?

I use 18.3 on my desktop with a mouse and it's great.

Return to “Xfce”