Possible to show panel when pressing windows key?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Torraf

Possible to show panel when pressing windows key?

Post by Torraf »

So I have defined a shortcut for opening the whiskers menu when I hit either Windows keys on my keyboard. The problem is that I would like a my (bottom) panel to show up at the same time so I can see open programs, tray icons etc as I normally have my panel hidden.
Now is it possible to define a new hotkey that also uses the windows keys to show the panel and the whiskers menu at the same time?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
orschiro
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Possible to show panel when pressing windows key?

Post by orschiro »

Probably not. Request the feature that opening the menu unhides the associated panel at the same time:

https://bugzilla.xfce.org/enter_bug.cgi ... lution=---
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Possible to show panel when pressing windows key?

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Torraf wrote:So I have defined a shortcut for opening the whiskers menu when I hit either Windows keys on my keyboard. The problem is that I would like a my (bottom) panel to show up at the same time so I can see open programs, tray icons etc as I normally have my panel hidden.
Now is it possible to define a new hotkey that also uses the windows keys to show the panel and the whiskers menu at the same time?
Are you aware of the fact that you can move panel applets from one panel to a different one? Or, more properly stated, that you can remove an applet from one panel and then add it to a different one?

That being the case, place your Whisker Menu on the bottom panel instead of the top one.

If you do not wish to do the above, take a look at this web page:

Code: Select all

https://askubuntu.com/questions/727195/xubuntu-xfce-multiple-actions-for-shortcut
It shows how to set up a keyboard shortcut in Xfce to perform multiple tasks. It also appears to show how to, as one of those tasks, raise the panel for a certain (user-defined) period of time, and then lower it again.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Xfce”