Whisker menu highlight doesn't follow mouse pointer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shelleyfrank

Whisker menu highlight doesn't follow mouse pointer

Post by shelleyfrank »

In XFCE desktop, After I upgraded from 18.0 to 18.3 I'm experiencing the following issue in whisker menu:

When the mouse pointer is moved to a category and moved over into the launcher entries field, the highlight gets stuck on the first launcher item the mouse pointer touches, and the pointer moves on without a hover response from the menu. However, when the launcher item directly under the pointer is clicked, weather it is highlighted or not, the item is launched.
whisker.png
The Whisker Menu behaviour setting "Switch category by hovering" is checked. I have downgraded whisker menu from 1.7.3 (which is the current version in 18.3) to 1.6.8, and alternatively upgraded it to 1.7.5 without any change in behaviour.

I am forced to use metacity windows manager, since xfwm4 isn't allowing window box move or resizing. Compiz also works, but the issue with whisker menu is the same under any of the three window managers.

I successfully rolled back to Mind 18 Sarah using Timeshift until further advice can be provided.

description: Notebook
product: HP EliteBook 2540p
width: 64 bits
memory size: 8GB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”