how to restore xfce to default icon view?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Elt10W

how to restore xfce to default icon view?

Post by Elt10W »

This is on LM 18.3. where I changed one of the windows to list view, and now I can no longer switch back to the default icon icon view. I have tried seacring in the settings, but I can't seem to find the answer...Some assistance would be appreciated.
TIA.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: how to restore xfce to default icon view?

Post by MrEen »

File Manager > View > View as Icons
Elt10W

Post by Elt10W »

It must be fatigue, but just as I was going round and round in the system, I received your response! (I must have been spending a little too much time in the new Windows 10 desktop).
Thank you a thousand times!!! :lol:
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

You're quite welcome. :)
Elt10W

Post by Elt10W »

MrEen wrote:You're quite welcome. :)
I have restored the default icon view. Whenever you open a new XFCE window, it should have an options menu. but it's no longer there.

In short, I would like to have the same window interface that one would see on a freshly installed LM XFCE desktop.

(not very happy with myself or my [lack of] brain function these days ...) :(
This is one of those days ...weeks... when the "bug" is not IN the computer, but sitting in front of it. <sheesh>

...if I could trouble you one more time...
TIA, respectfully.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Elt10W wrote:
I have restored the default icon view. Whenever you open a new XFCE window, it should have an options menu. but it's no longer there.

In short, I would like to have the same window interface that one would see on a freshly installed LM XFCE desktop.

This is one of those days ...weeks... when the "bug" is not IN the computer, but sitting in front of it. <sheesh>

TIA, respectfully.
I don't think there's an Options menu. You may be thinking in Windows world again.
Elt10W

Post by Elt10W »

JerryF wrote:
Elt10W wrote:

TIA, respectfully.
I don't think there's an Options menu. You may be thinking in Windows world again.
I should turn off the computer, and go practice my music, then! :D
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Elt10W wrote:I should turn off the computer, and go practice my music, then! :D
You're very funny! :wink:
Elt10W

Post by Elt10W »

JerryF wrote:
Elt10W wrote:I should turn off the computer, and go practice my music, then! :D
You're very funny! :wink:
Anyone who knows me, would tell you that I'm always the first to laugh at myself. However, though tend to give the benefit of the doubt ... and in spite of the two lonely (and currently misfiring) neurons in my so-called "brain". I can now confirm that the default menu items are missing. (I booted a Live CD, and took a picture with my phone).

Whenever you launch an XFCE windows, it always has the followig menu items reading from left to right:
File, Edit, View, Go, Help
On my desktop, I seem to have deleted a system file, that all my instances of XFCE do NOT these default icons. Short of a clean new install of LM.
how do I restore this?
Kindly refer to the screenshot (composite) that I'v just uploaded to my Flickr account:
https://flic.kr/p/22vDArk

Thanks for any help with this.
Respectfily
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Ahhh. You're missing the Menu Bar. Alt-V should bring it up. Then Alt-T, Alt-M (you could use your mouse here) to make it stick around.

Return to “Xfce”