Menu Editor Issues and a Solution

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zeddrich
Level 2
Level 2

Menu Editor Issues and a Solution

Post by Zeddrich »

I wanted make a post about this issue I had with the Menu Editor on Mint 18.1 xfce.

First, let me explain what I was doing and how the problem arose. I was adding a menu item manually for minecraft. When, I added the item with the menu editor I made a typo in the command field, so it wouldn't launch at all. When I tried to go back with the menu editor and alter the entry it wasn't there, however the minecraft item showed up when I would pull down the menu under games(it just wouldn't work). After some searching(and digging through directories looking for a config file that might be edited)I found that Alt + F2 opens up a menu editor for installed items only, so I was able to fix the entry; not only that, but now the item shows up in the regular menu editor now.

I just wanted to post this for anyone else that might have the same problem to stumble upon. I don't know if the menu editor creating 'ghost' entries is a serious issue, but it might confound a person. And since the only other solution may have been to reset the panel I'm glad I found a less extreme solution.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”