Panel Unresponsive to Mouse Clicks

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lcn_Lin

Panel Unresponsive to Mouse Clicks

Post by Lcn_Lin »

I have Linux Mint 18.3 '32 bit' 'xfce' installed on a multi-boot desktop.

Recently, the panel at the bottom of the screen suddenly became unresponsive to mouse clicks. None of the apps including whisker menu were showing any response to right or left click.

However, the apps on desktop screen were responding to mouse clicks. I opened desktop settings by right click on the desktop screen. Checked the settings of the Whisker menu. I couldn't identify the issue. Then restarted the computer from Power Tower. After restarting panel became responsive again.

I would like to know what might have caused this issue. Also, what can be the right solution if it happens again? Has anybody else faced similar problem?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bjmh46
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Panel Unresponsive to Mouse Clicks

Post by bjmh46 »

I experienced the same thing in both mint 17 xfce and 18.2. Believe it or not, I narrowed it down to one particular website, probably crypto-mining since top showed 100% cpu usage. One thing I did was to create a keyboard shortcut (mine is ctrl-alt-p) to restart the panel:

Code: Select all

xfce4-panel -r
I've since quit using that website, and the problem hasn't recurred.

Regards
Bob
Lcn_Lin

Re: Panel Unresponsive to Mouse Clicks

Post by Lcn_Lin »

bjmh46 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm I experienced the same thing in both mint 17 xfce and 18.2. Believe it or not, I narrowed it down to one particular website, probably crypto-mining since top showed 100% cpu usage. One thing I did was to create a keyboard shortcut (mine is ctrl-alt-p) to restart the panel:

Code: Select all

xfce4-panel -r
I've since quit using that website, and the problem hasn't recurred.
Thank you for suggesting the code. Will check if any website I'd visited might have caused the issue to occur.

Regards
Lcn_Ln

Return to “Xfce”