Switching categories Whisker Menu.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nh_linux
Level 1
Level 1

Switching categories Whisker Menu.

Post by nh_linux »

Greetings all.

I've been using Linux Mint for a few years. I recently installed version 18.3.

Problem is, tab doesn't work when I want to switch from one category to another in Whisker Menu. I looked in all settings and haven't found anything for this.My keyboard is fine.When I had version 17.3 installed in my laptop, I was able to tab from one category to another without any problems.

Nick E.H.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Switching categories Whisker Menu.

Post by MrEen »

Arrow keys work (with Enter to select.)
nh_linux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nh_linux »

MrEen.

Arrows keys work with enter to select program I want to run, in the right column, yes no problem with that. I'm talking about using the tab key for switching from one category to another which doesn't work or is not enabled. Examples of categories: Favorites, Recently Used, All,Accessories,Chromium Apps ,Games,Graphics,Internet,Multimedia............etc.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

When I hit the left arrow key, Favorites is selected. If I then hit Enter, the Favorites is open and the arrows are working on the right side again. I can hit the left arrow again and it's back on Favorites and the down arrow takes me through the categories. The only "issues" using arrows I see is when you had opened one category, the left arrow takes me back to Favorites, but the previous catagory still shows as selected. Also, after entering one category, you have to hit the down arrow at least once before you can hit the left arrow again. (Just noticed you have to do this upon opening the menu as well.)

Hope that helps.
dan_me
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dan_me »

After reading this post I realised I have the same problem I just hadn't noticed.
I did find the following thread in a different forum which has solved it for me.

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=12141 entry #5 worked for me.
nh_linux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by nh_linux »

Yes. Entry #5 worked for me as well.Problem is solved.

Thank you all for your time.

Nick E.H.

Return to “Xfce”