Resolution problems in VMware Workstation guest - Mint 19 XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CatsAndLinux

Resolution problems in VMware Workstation guest - Mint 19 XFCE

Post by CatsAndLinux »

Sorry if this is not the correct section for the this problem. I didn't think it would count as a hardware problem, and theres no section for running inside virtual machines.

I installed Mint 19 XFCE in Vmware Workstation just like I do with all of my other VMs. Installation went fine, no problems. But then, I ran into the same issue i did the public beta release. If I chose any resolution except for 800x600, the panel becomes huge, and nothing is actually where it looks like it should be. Like the windows and menus are far off from where they appear on the screen.

I am using VMware Workstation 12.5.6 on a Windows 10 host. 1920x1080 monitor

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 Monkeys

Re: Resolution problems in VMware Workstation guest - Mint 19 XFCE

Post by 12 Monkeys »

Hi there.

Sorry for not answering your question mate. There will probably be better persons than
me that will take care of you. This Forum is full of fantastic and helpful guys!

So I am a bit :oops: But just wanted to share.

You maybe/probably want to use vmware due many different reasons.
I will not take that away. I also used vmware for a while.
But... Multiple times I had similar problems.
I ditched it and since I have used virtualbox. https://www.virtualbox.org/
I have thrown some really sketchy downloads on this machine. And it works :D
If it doesn't.. I know something is really bad even if I always use PGP or, rarely, SHA sums.
This is not an advert. Just my honest opinion. Virtualbox has been my constant go to
for quite a few years. Great virtual machine!

Cheers
Mikael
CatsAndLinux

Re: Resolution problems in VMware Workstation guest - Mint 19 XFCE

Post by CatsAndLinux »

Thanks for the suggestion, Mikael! I've used VirtualBox in the past. But I've come to really like VMware. I'll have to try it on VirtualBox. I've been dying to give 19 a try. So again, thanks!.

Return to “Xfce”