XFCE CE 7 Gloria Development update(Aug 10)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DavidS

Re: XFCE CE 7 Gloria Development update(July 10)

Post by DavidS »

[quote="abushcrafter"]I have had a look at Zwopper's wallpapers and these ones are my favourite ones for this CE.

I like this one the best! Looks modern and clean. Not over done. To the creator: WELL DONE!!

http://zwopper.deviantart.com/art/Mint- ... h-82527698
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: XFCE CE 7 Gloria Development update(Aug 10)

Post by merlwiz79 »

I have uploaded the iso for testing.
Hopefully it will pass and become the Final release.
The updated packages has been added to the Community repo already.
abushcrafter

Post by abushcrafter »

DavidS wrote:
abushcrafter wrote:I have had a look at Zwopper's wallpapers and these ones are my favourite ones for this CE.
I like this one the best! Looks modern and clean. Not over done. To the creator: WELL DONE!!

http://zwopper.deviantart.com/art/Mint- ... h-82527698
LINK = DEAD
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Thank you all! :oops:
My guess is that it will feature the same wallpapers as the main edition though. :)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
sambler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sambler »

Synaptic, apt-get and aptitude still want to remove mint-meta-main and mint-meta-gnome before installing mint-meta-xfce.

Synaptic and apt-get also want to remove mint-artwork-gnome, libavcodec52 and libavutil49.

No chance, then, of having gnome and xfce desktops on the same partition?
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

sambler: the meta packages can be safely removed. The libav stuff was explained in the RC bug thread as simply changing the installed versions. You can have XFCE and Gnome editions installed simultaneously, however there is still a conflict with the mint-artwork-* packages, of which you can only install one, which may look a bit strange at first, but will still work.
abushcrafter

Post by abushcrafter »

Zwopper wrote:Thank you all! :oops:
My guess is that it will feature the same wallpapers as the main edition though. :)
darn!

by the way i am using the dragon one for one of my computers desktops at the moment :)
Last edited by abushcrafter on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

@emorrp1,

So, what would you recommend: install LM7 Gnome and then install Xfce4 from the repo?
Or vice-versa?
Install the Xfce4 version and then Gnome. I'm partial to this choice.
Or just keep on upgrading this LM7xfceRC1?

Guess I'll just take a look at the final and see.

I was a Kde3.5 user but unconvinced by Kde4 so far. Gnome is much improved and more like 3.5.
However, Xfce4 is complete and makes my core2duo seem even faster, great on the AA1.
And reduces the load on P3s and P4s in the pre-school.
Have used Xubuntu, Edubuntu & Dreamlinux in the past for this reason, as well as sidux-xfce.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

well, the XFCE edition is great, so I'd recommend just upgrading from RC to final. However, if you need gnome, then I'd recommend installing whichever you're more likely to use on a regular basis, then install the other from the repos (mint-meta-main/mint-meta-xfce) then re-installing the original mint-artwork. The reason I suggest this way is that both editions have customisations on the CD that aren't available direct from repo (e.g. nautilus right-click Upload) You then need to re-install the original artwork to make it look pretty.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

abushcrafter wrote:
Zwopper wrote:Thank you all! :oops:
darn!

by the way i am using the dragon one for one of my computers at the moment.
Thanks!
I'm glad to hear that my work gets some use! :D
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

emorrp1 wrote:well, the XFCE edition is great, so I'd recommend just upgrading from RC to final....
Thanks for the info. I'll just keep upgrading the RC1.
And I'll learn to modify the menus.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

toolz wrote:
merlwiz79 wrote:I have uploaded the iso for testing.
Hopefully it will pass and become the Final release.
The updated packages has been added to the Community repo already.
I'm surprised nobody's asked an maybe I'm missing something: Are we going to be seeing a 'final' iso?
The iso has been approved by exploder, but it needs to be approved by clem before release, and he's away until start of september, so hopefully in about a week.
houms

Post by houms »

Any chance of that 64bit merlwiz?
oliverjames
Level 4
Level 4

Post by oliverjames »

Congratulations Merlwiz and the Mint team. I finally cracked and installed Gloria XFCE. So far seemless out of the box perfection. This installation is the best I've come across to date.

:D Oliverjames.

Edit - Does it get any better than this! :D :D :D :D :D
oliverjames
Level 4
Level 4

Gloria and external soundcards

Post by oliverjames »

Just one glich, how do I get my Logitech "music anywhere" usb external soundcard to work with Gloria? With Elyssa I did the following
oliverjames wrote:
solution:
typed "asoundconf list" in terminal to show all the available sound devices ("Tra" and "the rest"). Then typed "asoundconf set-default-card Tra" and reopened player. Works great!.

All typing done in user terminal.

And the icing on the cake, while streaming music via the Logitech device, I can also make and receive Skype calls, with no compromise on sound of any device.
asoundconf list still shows the soundcards but I cannot reset the default sound card as before. I note that there are no sound configuration files in the /home directory.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Oliverjames

Return to “Xfce”