firefox wrong theme

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlbertWagner
Level 1
Level 1

firefox wrong theme

Post by AlbertWagner »

Mint 19 xfce:
Firefox 61.0.1 ignores Window Manager's theme selection. Uses some black, no title, no border, theme that I have never seen. Everything else uses the proper theme.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: firefox wrong theme

Post by AZgl1800 »

AlbertWagner wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 pm Mint 19 xfce:
Firefox 61.0.1 ignores Window Manager's theme selection. Uses some black, no title, no border, theme that I have never seen. Everything else uses the proper theme.
in FF, alt-T, addons/themes, this is what I am using

LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
mint4all
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mint4all »

AlbertWagner wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 pm Mint 19 xfce:
Greetings!

I'd like to help you, but need some more info. Is this a new install, or an upgrade? If an upgrade, from what LM-version did you upgrade from? Have you used one of mozilla's "custom themes" for FF before and if so, which one? And to really confuse the heck out of you (i'm sorry, if i do :? ) are you using a "userChrome.css" file to tweak FF's appearance (as you can see from my own FF's screenshot)?

MozillaScreenshot-08-10-18.png
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Xfce has been in the slow transition from GTK2 to GTK3. Could this be some sort of GTK issue? Are you using a GTK2 or GTK3 theme, and what happens if you use one from the other category, instead?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
mint4all
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mint4all »

A few days ago, after Ubuntu announced the new 18.04.1 releases, I looked over xubuntu's release notes for 18.04.1. Needless to say, there's a TON of fixes & changes coming our way. Put a different way: Mint's LM19.0-xfce spin is woefully behind the curve, esp. in regards to xfce's moving from Gtk2- to include Gtk3-theme support.

Personally, i was holding off on upgrading my family's and friends' systems to LM19-xfce until those (re)theming issues have been resolved, and the bulk of xfce-fixes have been backported (or adopted by Mint, as the case may be) to give the most stable xfce-DE experience we can hope for.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

mint4all wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 pm Put a different way: Mint's LM19.0-xfce spin is woefully behind the curve, esp. in regards to xfce's moving from Gtk2- to include Gtk3-theme support.
:?: The vast majority of the xfce packages in Mint XFCE are direct from the Ubuntu 18.04 repo, Mint only maintain/modify a couple- I don't see that there could be a dramatic difference between Mint 19 XFCE and Xubuntu 18.04.x in this regard. All of the Mint specific packages shared across all editions have been fully migrated to GTK3 for sometime. The OP's issue is likely down to Theme choice has already highlighted.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Xfce”