Numeric keys in USB keyboard is disable in second login

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmnk
Level 1
Level 1

Numeric keys in USB keyboard is disable in second login

Post by lmnk »

I have installed Mint 19 xfce in all of my old notebooks, for the first login - I can use numeric keys in USB keyboard.
After I left and the screensaver works, then I login again by entering password - numeric keys in USB keyboard is disable even though the LED signal is ON.

Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Numeric keys in USB keyboard is disable in second login

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

IF im reading your post correctly, i think your talking about the numbers keypad on the right side of the keyboard disengaging the numbers lock on that side of the keyboard when you return from screen saver when you log back in yet the led light is telling you the numbers lock is still engaged...if that is the case, the code ive entered below may stop this from happening...simply click on the "terminal" icon in the lower panel of the computer towards the left bottom side of the screen and copy and past the code, and click "enter"...it will ask you for your password...just type it, (be aware the password will not show anything when you are typing it, thats a security measure) and then click enter and reboot...then go ahead and test it with your screen saver as usual and log back in to see if this works...DAMIEN

Install Numlockx

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install numlockx
lmnk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Numeric keys in USB keyboard is disable in second login

Post by lmnk »

Thank you so much, that is what I would like you to help. :D

Return to “Xfce”