Need help with display power management settings

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bridges

Need help with display power management settings

Post by Bridges »

I'm running 64bit Mint 19 XFCE edition on a T420 Thinkpad with an external monitor. I migrated over from Xubuntu 18.04, and I noticed a few differences I haven't been able to figure out yet.

When plugged in I want the screen to blank, but I don't want the computer to go to sleep. If music is going or someone calls on Skype, I'm used to those applications always running.

In Xubuntu, using the current settings or flipping the the Display power management off from the following menu achieves the above mentioned result.

These settings do not work in Mint 19 XFCE. Would this have anything to do with the second monitor being attached? For instance, I noticed during the wakeup routine that the login screen doesn't recognize the fact that the laptop screen is disabled (with the lid closed). I have to open the lid to see the login screen. So it appears that this distro isn't retaining the display settings. I didn't have that issue on Xubuntu, but when looking a the configurations under the hood there appears to be quite a few differences.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”