Emblems not working in Thunar - Need help

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
uid3s1gn3r

Emblems not working in Thunar - Need help

Post by uid3s1gn3r »

Hi, i am on a LM 19 Tara XFCE machine and i was using folder emblems inside my home directory without a problem, but suddenly they disappeared. Now every time i try to add a new emblem through right click on folder -> emblems tab it doesn't allow me to select any of them. ( When I click on an emblem, the check box doesn't get checked and nothing happens). What is happened and now i can't select/assign any emblem on any folder? FYI i checked the permission of the folders i m trying to add an emblem and i have full permission rights as they are inside my home/pictures directory.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Emblems not working in Thunar - Need help

Post by MrEen »

Hi uid3s1gn3r, and welcome to the forum.

I can only take a guess here. Just to be sure, try running sudo chown -Rc $USER:$USER $HOME in the terminal and see if there's any difference. Could be the permissions are wrong elsewhere affecting this (the Emblems themselves maybe.)

If that doesn't help, I'm sure others will have ideas, and may want to see the output of running inxi -Fxz in the terminal.

Good luck.
Dik Trejsi

Post by Dik Trejsi »

Thanks MrEen,

Code: Select all

sudo chown -Rc $USER:$USER $HOME
slove the same problem that I have on LinuxMint 18. :D
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

You're welcome Dik Trejsi.

Thank you for posting that the command fixed your issue. The OP never returned after asking for help, so I wasn't sure if that fix would work.

Glad I could help. :D
agadesigns1
Level 1
Level 1

Post by agadesigns1 »

It worked for me too! Thanks MrEen, you are the best!

Return to “Xfce”