LM19.1 Xfce: Losing desktop settings at remote desktop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NeroR
Level 2
Level 2

LM19.1 Xfce: Losing desktop settings at remote desktop

Post by NeroR »

When I run a remote desktop session (RDP, with Xrdp) on my Linux Mint 19.1 Xfce all desktop settings (Mint -theme, colors, panel, font size, dpi, etc.) get lost.
At connect/login I get a dialog box, if I'd like to use an empty panel or the default panel. With "default" I get the defaults of Xfce, not the Mint-Xfce-defaults.
The lost desktops settings (Xfce-defaults) are permanent, i.e. they are also active on local logins.

First I have this problem I've deleted the configuration (~/.config/xfce4) and so I got the Linux-Mint-Xfce-defaults back.
Since I use it on my HTPC I have to change several things (DPI, font size, etc.) to fit my needs. This is just painful.

I had this problem now twice, at all my RDP-logins since I've updated to LM19.1.
With LM19 I didn't had this problem.

Does anybody else have this problem?
What can I do to fix this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrahamLMC
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LM19.1 Xfce: Losing desktop settings at remote desktop

Post by GrahamLMC »

Yes, I had the same problem trying to setup a headless server with LM 19.2 XFCE.

I've tried numerous things and I was able to change some of settings back to Mint but not get it all setup right. I think the Mint XFCE setup needs copying over the default XFCE somwhere but I couldn't get it right, and I just wanted to get the PC going.

I've since gone with LM 19.2 Mate which works fine and keeps the Mint desktop setup when run headless.

Return to “Xfce”