[SOLVED] Select Snapshot Type window not resizable LM 19.1 32bit

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abenyc

[SOLVED] Select Snapshot Type window not resizable LM 19.1 32bit

Post by abenyc »

Hi All, My first post here!

Today I installed Linux Mint 19.1 Xfce 32-bit on my very old Aspire One D255 netbook. This is a tiny laptop with a maximum resolution of 1024x600. Everything works as far as I can tell except for an annoying window re-sizing issue of the Select Snapshot Screen. I'm not able to see the buttons to continue. I have tried the various ALT + Function Key options I've read on these forums but it seems this window is not resizeable. Not sure if this is a known issue. I would like to do the snapshot but tabbing and pressing enter does not seem to work.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Select Snapshot Type window not resizable LM 19.1 32bit

Post by Moem »

It's a known issue that arises when you install Mint, as you did, on a device that does not meet the recommended screen size specifications for Mint. The commonly advised workaround is to press and hold the ALT key, which allows you to grab and move any window including this one.
Welcome to Mint!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

abenyc wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 am this window is not resizeable.
It can be made bigger, but not smaller. The developer has hardcoded a minimum size so that content in the subsequent settings windows will fit without random resizing events as you run through the wizard.

Moem's solution is the general one for windows with a minimum size bigger than your screen resolution - you'll come across this issue again no doubt with other applications.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
abenyc

Post by abenyc »

Understood. On the plus side, this little laptop is very responsive with LM. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate you getting back to me.

Return to “Xfce”