Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
LibraNeptune
Level 1
Level 1

disappeared desktop

Post by LibraNeptune » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:24 am

I have met a very strange problem!
One day after once updating(partly failed), I logged in again and found my desktop wallpaper disappeared. I tried the right-click meum but nothing responds. Now my desktop is completely grey colour without anything there. I cannot create a new launcher or display the wallpaper. I guess the problem might be that some file lost the chance to upgrade so that they don't match the version. But I use the software manager to search update again and also no update more there. I erosdon't know how to solve it now. Help me! Heros!

hnoon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: disappeared desktop

Post by hnoon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 am

I had more or less the same problem yesterday. Any progress with your issue? Day before I did install whatever updates there were and it went smoothly there. I have Mint 19.2 running xfce. Yesterday, after logging in, besides my custom wallpaper removed, all my panels were missing too. Didn't have any menu, so much so that the windows key on keyboard didn't do anything either. Just icons on the desktop. I right clicked one and selected open with chrome which worked. I can browse the drive contents this way. But Alt+Ctrl+T doesn't do anything at all. Any suggestions on what should be done? I'm thinking of reinstalling the whole OS but that doesn't make this not happen again later possibly

secureIT
Level 3
Level 3

Post by secureIT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 am

Dont know if he solution is similiar to this thread ... but give it a try :

viewtopic.php?t=270224
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft ! .......... The strenght is to be found in serenity !

hnoon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hnoon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:19 am

secureIT wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 am
Dont know if he solution is similiar to this thread ... but give it a try :

viewtopic.php?t=270224
Didn't quite work unless I applied the solution incorrectly. If adding a new panel it used be that I'd right click near the screen edges and adding a panel would show as an option. It doesn't now.

Return to “Xfce”