Before you post please read how to get help
begtognen
Level 1
Level 1

Can I tweak the active window color?

Post by begtognen » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:56 am

Appearance: Mint-Y-Aqua
Style: Kokodi

In this screenshot, you can see the Active Window (Terminal) and the Inactive Window (Linux Mint Forums).
activewindow.png
activewindow.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 188 times
Is it possible to change the Active Window gradient to one flat colour? And if so, how? (I'm not partial to Kokodi, if there's an easier Style to use.)

Thanks so much for your help.

michael-hi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can I tweak the active window color?

Post by michael-hi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi, begtognen

There is probably some obscure setting in a configuration file somewhere which determines the colour gradient. Sorry I don't know which one!

If you have no great attachment to your current theme, the simplest answer is probably to switch to a different theme in the Window Manager settings. The default choice is limited because the various Mint-X and Mint-Y colour options actually have a fixed grey title bar and most of the rest are fixed as well. Only Daloa, Kokodi and Moheli change colour to match whatever Mint-X or Mint-Y theme is chosen in the Appearance settings and, as you will have noticed, these all have a colour gradient.

However, you can download additional themes from Mint's software repositories eg:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install murrine-themes
would add six new options in the Window Manager settings including Kiwi and MurrinaAzul which are flat window themes that would also keep your Mint-Y-Aqua colour.

And

Code: Select all

sudo apt install xfwm4-themes
would add an even larger choice of window styles, including several which would again retain the aqua colour but without a gradient.

Hopefully one or more of these options will fit what you looking for.

begtognen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can I tweak the active window color?

Post by begtognen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Hey Michael-hi, thanks so much! I installed both, and Totem (Window Manager | Style) does EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I really appreciate your time and your help.

Return to “Xfce”