Editing Right Click Menu [solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Editing Right Click Menu [solved]

Post by deanr72 »

I've seen this question asked a lot all over the internet but most of the questions were a) left unresolved and/or b) from years ago.

Given how things have moved on (and given that perhaps I missed something), I'd like to enquire (again) about the possibilities of editing the right click menu on XFCE. Most of the list of functions on the main menu is not of that much use to me (given my workflow) but being able to quickly snap a two right clicks anywhere on the desktop and open Thunar as, for example, the first position at the top of the list, would be very handy. Or perhaps there's an openbox-like menu plug-in that can be installed?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

**Edit: ok, I see now that the icon that looks like a printer at the top of the right click menu is actually Thunar. Still, my question still stands. How about moving the Applications link from the bottom of the menu and placing directly under the 'Open in New Window', for example? Possible?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Editing Right Click Menu

Post by deanr72 »

I've marked this thread as solved as I've managed to piece together bits of info and make my openbox-like right click menu just as I was hoping to. How?

Firstly, turn off the display of icons on the desktop (Settings Manager >> Desktop >> Icons >> "Icon Type" = None).
Secondly, use the Menu Editor to add/remove/move/hide applications and change icons etc.

Result:

Return to “Xfce”