Mouse speed on LM 19.3 on a 4K monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrx79
Level 1
Level 1

Mouse speed on LM 19.3 on a 4K monitor

Post by mrx79 »

Hallo,
i have a question. Normaly i'am totaly satisfied with the mouse speed on my Min 19.3 XFCE setup.
On my 15 inch 1366x768pixel display i run for example a setting of:
Acceleration = 1,4 and Sensitvity of 1px.
Using the HP touchpad.

On another maschine i have a noname optical mouse and a 4K monitor.
Here, even with settings of:
Acceleration = 10 and Sensitivity of 1px the cursor is borderline slow.

I've found several articles via google search to speed up the mouse cursor due to different bash commands, but non of them brings really satisfying results.

Is there a good way to speed up the mouse cursor in such a setup?
Also how can these mod's be applied automaticaly also after a reboot, because most of the commands i found even if they work need to be done any time after reboot.

Best regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tropical
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mouse speed on LM 19.3 on a 4K monitor

Post by Tropical »

It sounds unusual to associate the mouse speed problem to the screen size or to a particular Mint distribution.

Do you have the same problem when using another mouse?
They are available with different sensitivities, measured in DPI (Dot Per Inch, I guess).

I am not sure to understand your post, but if the problem is instead the touchpad...
Did you search about the touchpad problem by adding the specific model of your laptop?
Sometimes it is really an issue of model, particularly touchpads, in my experience.

Mouse or Touchpad...
Could it be a driver problem related to input (mouse) or output (graphic card)?
I recently solved my graphic card related issue by updating the Kernel.

BTW If you are non-English native speaker, you might want to post as well in your native language if it is available in the list of non-English language forums.
User details:
non-native English speaker

System details:
Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
Kernel 5.11.0-36-generic
mrx79
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mouse speed on LM 19.3 on a 4K monitor

Post by mrx79 »

Of course the screen size has nothing to do with it directly. I just mentioned it for comparison reasons.
In fact i assume the issue is the screen resolution (dpi) and the mouse resolution as you said.

Thats why in my last paragraph i asked if there is a way to speed up / make the mouse cursor more sensitive.
I tried the available parameters but that doesn't change the way the mouse cursor behaves.

Yes the problem also occures with different mouses. Some are in general a bit faster then others (might have something to do with their dpi).

The simple question would be: How do i make the mouse cursor more sensive/faster.

Best regards

Return to “Xfce”