Move Window To Workspace Keyboard Shortcuts Do Not Persist

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nacho_Trebuchet
Level 1
Level 1

Move Window To Workspace Keyboard Shortcuts Do Not Persist

Post by Nacho_Trebuchet »

Hello,
I am hoping some kind soul can help point me in the right direction or assist in resolving an issue.

I recently installed Linux Mint Xfce and ran into a usability issue. The default keyboard shortcuts for moving windows to other workspaces under `Window Manager > Keyboard` does not work after configuration. Typically under most Xfce distros I have to remap shortcuts that use the number pad as I have a 87 key keyboard; the same is true with Mint.

The shortcuts for moving windows to another workspace (i.e. <Ctrl & Alt & 1>) initially work after setting them, but after logging out or rebooting, the settings no longer work. Other settings like <Ctrl & F1> to move to another workspace do work. It's the function of moving a window to another workspace that does not work. I have not found a conflicting key combination that would cause the issue.

Is there something with Xfce I am missing or is this a bug within Mint? I have used Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora Xfce with no issues regarding remapping the shortcuts. If there a config file I can modify to override the GUI?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Xfce”