Libre Office Writer not properly displayed under Compiz

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vansloneker

Libre Office Writer not properly displayed under Compiz

Post by vansloneker »

When in 20.1 I have Compiz activated, Libre Office Writer or any other Libre Office component, is not properly displayed. All I get is it the top title bar. Apparently some active components are loaded but invisible as random clicking on the desktop can bring up random input or setting forms.
When changing the desktop manager to the default, then opening Libre Office and changing back to Compiz it stays visible.

The single reason for using Compiz are the previews when hovering the mouse over an application icon in the task bar panel.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Libre Office Writer not properly displayed under Compiz

Post by all41 »

vansloneker wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:30 pm When in 20.1 I have Compiz activated, Libre Office Writer or any other Libre Office component, is not properly displayed. All I get is it the top title bar. Apparently some active components are loaded but invisible as random clicking on the desktop can bring up random input or setting forms.
When changing the desktop manager to the default, then opening Libre Office and changing back to Compiz it stays visible.

The single reason for using Compiz are the previews when hovering the mouse over an application icon in the task bar panel.
The same issue continues in Xfce 20.3---only when using Compiz.
Yes--LibreOffice writer is screwed, but now also the Update Manager tray icon.

Same regressions using Compiz in MATE 20.3 as well
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

Is it a problem of LibreOffice or a problem of Compiz?

You could try to use a most recent version of LibreOffice, Community edition "still" version 7.1.8 or "fresh" version 7.2.5 to download from LibreOffice website (installation: uncompress the downloaded archive, go to the "debs" directory, open a terminal and "sudo dpkg -i *.deb").

"fresh" version 7.2.5 is also vailable from this ppa https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
"still" version 7.1.7, but not 7.1.8, is available from this ppa https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+arc ... fice-still

Or stop to use Compiz...

Regards,

MN

Post by vansloneker »

Well, I had to stop using Compiz and am not happy about that...

Return to “Xfce”