Desktop Background slow to appear

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kackie12
Level 1
Level 1

Desktop Background slow to appear

Post by kackie12 »

When I login, the desktop background is the last object to render. Often, I have my panels and brower open before the black-desktop suddenly display the wallpaper.

Are there are standard mechanisms for increasing the speed of the login intialisation? Or perhaps, re-order the list of applications to make the desktop appear first? It seems to be waiting for the panels to finish loading before the wallpaper shows, so perhaps the launch order is set that way for a reason.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Desktop Background slow to appear

Post by mikeflan »

My guess is that this is normal behavior. Unless the desktop is showing 15 more more seconds after the panels show.
kackie12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kackie12 »

Takes about 9-11 seconds.
Considering I'm using a 2.2ghz dual core proc with 2g ram and an intel integrated gpu, that seems about right.
very cheap and underpowered HP netbook, I understand I'm pushing the limits of it's capabilities.
Still, if anyone has any ideas for optimization I'd love to hear them...er-read them.
cottfcfan
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cottfcfan »

Mines the same, not quite as bad, maybe 5s.
I think that this may have something to do with Mint using a customized login manager.
I know that it doesn't happen on Xubuntu though.

Return to “Xfce”