Where did 'Move to Workspace Left' go? [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Where did 'Move to Workspace Left' go? [SOLVED]

Post by rossdv8 »

I use the 'Save Sessions for future logins' function on shutdown.
On three of my machines I'm using Uma, and on two I like the machine to open 'where I left off' as if it is an Activity in the old KDE/Plasma version of Mint.
On one of them, the system opens up with the various windows on the workspace they were in when I shutdown,. and in the same positions on each workspace.

On my main machine, all windows are stacked on on top of the other, and I have to send each of them to their workspaces.
I used to have Title Bar Context Menu options to:
Move to Workspace Right
Move to Workspace Left
Move to Another Workspace

After an update somewhere along the line, the Move to Workspace Left has disappeared.
Is there a simple way to get it back. It is a pain not having it. I'm sure I am not the only person who finds it useful to have frequently used workspaces each side of the main one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Where did 'Move to Workspace Left' go? - S O L V E D -

Post by rossdv8 »

FOUND IT !!!

Because 'Save Session' on Shutdown, plonks all the windows that were open on various workspaces onto a single workspace at the next boot (on some of my Mint systems) I was in the habit of using Workspace Left and Workspace Right for the two VNC windows, then sending a couple of other things to Workspace 3 and 4.

It turns out that on this machine, for some reason, mint has disabled Workspace Left on Workspace 1.
I can use Move to Workspace Right on ALL desktops, but Move to Workspace Left only works on desktops 2, 3, 4, 5.

So Problem still exists, but now I know where it went on THIS machine at least - so I will mark this as SOLVED - and just put up with the annoyance on this machine.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
michael-hi
Level 4
Level 4

Post by michael-hi »

Just wondering if this one machine has different options selected on the 'Workspaces' tab of Window Manager Tweaks, eg the option "Wrap workspaces when the first or the last workspace is reached"?
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7

Post by rossdv8 »

Thanks ! I hadn't thought that might be possible :)
I use Compiz on one machine, and Xfwm4 + composting on the other. It stands to reason that composting could cause some stuff to break down a bit . .

Return to “Xfce”