Appreciation for Ease of Use

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kackie12
Level 1
Level 1

Appreciation for Ease of Use

Post by kackie12 »

I switched to Linux Mint Xfce and it took some getting used to, but can I just say how happy I am with it's customisation capacity?
I love being able to change practically everything with very little work. I really can't express how liberating it is to be able to completely reconfigure my desktop however I see fit.
Even something as simple as using normal jpeg files for desktop icon images was restricted in Windows. Things like panel background colours, general icon themes, login wallpapers and start-menu(Whisker menu) size/colour/transparancy/organisation are things that Windows refuses to allow.

I just want to say thank you to all people involved in making this distro and it's integration with Xfce. It's made my life a lot easier. My computer is finally working for me, not against me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Appreciation for Ease of Use

Post by Moonstone Man »

kackie12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:57 pm It's made my life a lot easier. My computer is finally working for me, not against me.
Congratulations. You're well on the way to being a Linux evangelist :)
kackie12
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Appreciation for Ease of Use

Post by kackie12 »

lol, I've always spoken well of linux since the days of Mandrake, but never fully switched over to using it as my primary OS. But once I saw how awful, privacy-invasive and restrictive windows 10 was(having used it), I grew more and more frustrated with it until I just said 'screw it!' and wiped it off my laptop and started using Linux mint.

It was an immense relief. Seriously, you have no idea how happy the control felt to have again. I grew up using windows xp/me so I have seen the changes and can extrapolate the direction of Microsoft's intersts. I want nothing to do with them any longer.

I'm just so very glad linux exists as an alternative at all.

Return to “Xfce”