[SOLVED] Vostro 1000 with LM20.2 suspends when lid closes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tekknj
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Vostro 1000 with LM20.2 suspends when lid closes

Post by tekknj »

Well, I'm getting really ticked at this bug in LM20. My laptop goes into suspend mode every time I close the lid. Then it won't wake up when I open the laptop, forcing me to force a shutdown. The only thing that came close to a resolution was to edit the dconf database and disable the setting which referenced the closing of the lid. For a day or to it appeared ok. Last night I closed the lid, went to bed and woke up this morning to a laptop that was again suspended and with a frozen display when opened it.

>>>
I ran this test scenario:
at 10:26 I logged into the desktop after a clean reboot
at 10:28 the screen saver actives (Blank screen)
at 10:28:30 the lock screen (Light Locker) started and the login greeter was displayed
at 10:38 the display went black (display power off) and laptop is still on

If I close the lid, the laptop suspends.
If I leave it open, the laptop stays on.
If I go back into the desktop and close the lid, the laptop stays on.

So it appears the login greeter is giving my laptop the signal to go into suspend mode. I looked into the login window settings, I could not find anything that relates to suspending the laptop when the lid is closed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tekknj
Level 1
Level 1

Vostro 1000 with LM20.2 suspends when lid closes

Post by tekknj »

I figured out a power management combination that works. That will turn off the display while the lid is open and have the session locked so if anyone moved the mouse or touched the keyboard, the login greeter is presented. Now it doesn't matter if the lid is closed since the display is properly turned off.

All buttons set to "do nothing"
Sleep mode set to "never"
Lid closed set to "switch display off"
Display power management set to "switch off after 10 minutes"
Lock session set to "when screen saver is deactivated"
Delay locking after "10 seconds"

Return to “Xfce”