xfce-terminal doesn't want to directly run middle click paste (after upgrade to Mint 21)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ptankov
Level 1
Level 1

xfce-terminal doesn't want to directly run middle click paste (after upgrade to Mint 21)

Post by ptankov »

Hello!

I just upgraded from Mint 20.3 XFCE to Mint 21 XFCE. All is well, but the xfce-terminal doesn't directly execute anymore the pasted commands (which contain Enter at the end). Previously, when I copied a command, or a sequence of commands from a text file or a website, and then pasted them (with middle mouse click) directly in the xfce-terminal, it simply ran them. Now, it marks the pasted text white and wants me to hit ENTER. What happened, how can I make it simply run the pasted text directly?
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manyroads
Level 5
Level 5

Re: xfce-terminal doesn't want to directly run middle click paste (after upgrade to Mint 21)

Post by manyroads »

ptankov wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 am Hello!

I just upgraded from Mint 20.3 XFCE to Mint 21 XFCE. All is well, but the xfce-terminal doesn't directly execute anymore the pasted commands (which contain Enter at the end). Previously, when I copied a command, or a sequence of commands from a text file or a website, and then pasted them (with middle mouse click) directly in the xfce-terminal, it simply ran them. Now, it marks the pasted text white and wants me to hit ENTER. What happened, how can I make it simply run the pasted text directly?
Did you review the xfce4-terminal guidance on custom actions? See: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/custom-actions
Pax vobiscum,
...mark
SwayWM, i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm
Professional Genealogist & Technologist
(http://eirenicon.org & http://many-roads.com)
ptankov
Level 1
Level 1

Re: xfce-terminal doesn't want to directly run middle click paste (after upgrade to Mint 21)

Post by ptankov »

I saw that page, but it's about thunar. My question is about xfce4-terminal.
rattkjelke
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rattkjelke »

This also happens in the latest version of xfce4-terminal in other distros.
It appears to be something Xfce changed.
I don't think there is an easy way to fix it. At least there no new terminal settings for it.
ptankov
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ptankov »

I have found the solution:

You have to turn off bracketed paste:

So add this to ~/.inputrc:

Code: Select all

set enable-bracketed-paste Off
restart Bash

Return to “Xfce”