Compiz fusion not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keljaden

Compiz fusion not working

Post by keljaden »

I know the CCSM is already installed, but how do I get the effects to work? I have enabled them in the settings manager but I can not get compositing via ccsm to work. Only the XFCE compositing works. How to I get ccsm to work like it did in gnome? Thank in advance.

Edit:

Nevermind I figured it out. I didn't think you would actually have to run "compiz" with alt+F2 to start it.

The problem I have now is I am unable to get 4 workspaces to make the "cube" It says I only have one workspace (even though it is giving me 2).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Compiz fusion not working

Post by merlwiz79 »

I added the ability to enable Compiz Fusion in Xfce mintDesktop.
The compiz virtual desktops should have been set to 4.
To set it back go to CCM --> General Options ---> Desktop Size.
Now set Horizontal Virtual Size to 4.
distro hopper

Re: Compiz fusion not working

Post by distro hopper »

Another application that may make this easier to run (automatically) is fusion-icon. You may only need to run it once, but it should setup the appropriate files to use compiz by default. I like to keep it running because I often run into problems when running software with WINE, I need to turn off compiz a fair amount due to compatibility issues with games.

Return to “Xfce”