Power Icon doesn't show on laptop...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
M_Mynaardt
Level 4
Level 4

Power Icon doesn't show on laptop...

Post by M_Mynaardt »

Hi!

Jut a minor point. But the power icon doesn't show up on my laptop when I run the Mint Xfce Debian on it. I set it to "always on" but it only makes an appearance if I click on "power settings" first.

Anyone know why this might be? It's not critical, but I like having the power icon on t all times.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Linux Mint is your computer's friend.
Always trust Linux Mint.
asymmetros

Re: Power Icon doesn't show on laptop...

Post by asymmetros »

Strange, i haven't notice such a thing: you mean i guess the battery/ac indicator inside the notification area. But then, i chose that icon to appears only when battery is charging/discharging, not "always on".
Have you tried it that way?
M_Mynaardt
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_Mynaardt »

asymmetros wrote:Strange, i haven't notice such a thing: you mean i guess the battery/ac indicator inside the notification area. But then, i chose that icon to appears only when battery is charging/discharging, not "always on".
Have you tried it that way?
I'll set it to that and see what happens.

I'm not too worried about it. But it does seem a little odd...
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Always trust Linux Mint.
rollOver

Post by rollOver »

I have the same issue, no icon until you select power settings. Power settings also doesn't seem to work with my laptop's (Asus UL20A) screen brightness controls. I will manually brightness down through the function key and a few seconds/ minutes later the system will revert to full (like it is trying to dim on inactivity?) but it stays full brightness. Very annoying.
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

rollOver wrote:I have the same issue, no icon until you select power settings....
You could try adding a script to the startup script to select power setting. I don't know the console command for that.
In LXDE L.M. the startup script is /etc/bash.bashrc - don't know what it is for XFCE L.M.

Sheng-Chieh
M_Mynaardt
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_Mynaardt »

shengchieh wrote:
rollOver wrote:I have the same issue, no icon until you select power settings....
You could try adding a script to the startup script to select power setting. I don't know the console command for that.
In LXDE L.M. the startup script is /etc/bash.bashrc - don't know what it is for XFCE L.M.

Sheng-Chieh
Thanks; I'll see if I can figure that one out...
~*~ M_Mynaardt ~*~

Always trust Linux Mint.

Return to “Xfce”