Limited to 2 Workspaces using Compiz/XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VtPoet
Level 3
Level 3

Limited to 2 Workspaces using Compiz/XFCE

Post by VtPoet »

Currently, and after installing COMPIZ, I find I'm limited to two workspaces. If I click on the workspaces app (under XFCE control center) I can't make any changes.

Is there a setting in Compiz that has taken this over? Or am I dealing with a bug? I seem to remember, way back when I tried Mint Debian/Gnome, having the same issue? Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
feed3
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Limited to 2 Workspaces using Compiz/XFCE

Post by feed3 »

VtPoet wrote: Is there a setting in Compiz that has taken this over?
Should be
Screenshot-20.png
VtPoet
Level 3
Level 3

Post by VtPoet »

Thankyou. You know... I looked, but didn't look deeply enough.

Now if I could just get Docky to register the workspaces. Clicking on an active app only works if the app is in the current workspace.
feed3
Level 4
Level 4

Post by feed3 »

VtPoet wrote: Now if I could just get Docky to register the workspaces. Clicking on an active app only works if the app is in the current workspace.
Can't help you on that, afraid might give wrong info as not using xfce intensively (just "looking" around on it just to see how it looks like", same goes to docky as am using awn but i do think there's an option to enable an active apps to be shown in all workspaces.
VtPoet
Level 3
Level 3

Post by VtPoet »

Thanks. I just switched to AWN to see if there was a difference. Same issue. Can't open an app unless it's in the current workspace. Probably AWN & Docky looking in the wrong place (Gnome based) - but sorting this out is beyond my ken.

Return to “Xfce”