what mail client do you prefer

Chat about just about anything else
tovian
Level 5
Level 5

Re: what mail client do you prefer

Post by tovian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 am

coffee412 wrote:I dont want google, yahoo or any of those others handling my email .... I pull it all with thunderbird. I have some dummy gmail accounts for sites that demand an email address. I just give them my junk ones.
+1 (to all)

Imagine the expression on their faces when they ask for my eMail address and I give 'em: JacquesStrapp@ gmail dot com :D

I process all my eMail on the Windows side because I have been using MailWasher for years. It is a PRE-processor. It gives a peek at the server and allows for easy deleting BEFORE any eMail hits my actual eMail client (T'bird). It can also preview plain-text in eMail notes - it does not decode any HTML or programming or video (meaning you can't catch a virus using this product). It also has really good filtering for automatic cleaning of unwanted eMail. It's from a company named Firetrust. I started using this when it was first released (in the late 90's I think). The same developer (Nick Bolton) is still with the company.
“I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!"
"We're just the guys to do it.”

Animal House

Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Just installed Evolution. T-bird didn't work well with PGP/MIME lately. Evolution does the job. Besides that, Evolution don't need an extension to handle PGP keys.

Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Allison » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am

Thunderbird

mike acker
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mike acker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 am

Bolle1961 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm
Just installed Evolution. T-bird didn't work well with PGP/MIME lately. Evolution does the job. Besides that, Evolution don't need an extension to handle PGP keys.
+1

In my experience T-bird has trouble with pinentry. I finally gave up on their Enigmail plug-in.

Personally I love using CLAWS, especially for pgp-mail -- although Evolution works quite well with PGP/GPG.

CLAWS doesn't like html and I ain't so sure but what they're right. Trouble is though: if you enter a message using CLAWS/text -- it is formatted as LINUX text -- using LF as end of line. Some destination clients may not be able to handle text formatted using only the LF as End-of-Line. ****!

I should note though that CLAWS does have a plug-in that will display HTML formatted messages that are received.
¡Viva la Resistencia!

Return to “Open chat”