MLB World Series

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

MLB World Series

Post by deck_luck »

Is anyone watching the 2021 MLB🇺🇲️⚾️World Series?

Go Braves!👏️

EDIT BY MODERATOR:
- - Major League Baseball - -
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
🐧Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE (UEFI - Secure Boot Enabled) dual boot with Windows 11

Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: MLB World Series

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

deck_luck wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:41 pm Is anyone watching the 2021 MLB🇺🇲️⚾️World Series?

Go Braves!👏️
Not me.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
BwingBob
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BwingBob »

Go Braves!
Pop_OS! 22.04 {Dell Inspiron 15 5510}
Linux Mint Cinnamon 21 {Minisforum UM700}
Pop_OS! Thelio Mira ;-)
We have met the enemy and he is us. - Pogo
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Yep . . . . Phillies fan but pulling for the Braves - really pulling for Fredrick (Freddy Freeman) my favorite Braves player and I hate the cheaters.
Stayed up past midnight watching last night.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

I'll be glad when the Series is over so I can get back to the few decent programs I've been watching.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Post by deck_luck »

majpooper wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:23 am ...
really pulling for Fredrick (Freddy Freeman) my favorite Braves player
Indeed Freddie Freeman has a very big fan base in Atlanta.

I hope he and the Braves management come to terms during the off season. He will be a free agent next year, and the Braves country will be very upset if the Brave's management fails to sign him.

The Saturday night game was a nail biter. Just one more win and they will be the 2021 🇺🇲️⚾️ MLB World Series Champions. Go Braves!👏️

Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

My wife is not happy but grudgingly letting me off the hook for going to a Holloween party tonight so I can watch game 5.
Since the Braves and the Phillies are both in the NL East I am pretty familiar with the Braves and know how they (like the Phillies) can too often play some bad baseball and how the pen can let them down - so I was nervous last night as well with just a 1 run lead.

Yeah as a fan I can understand not wanting to lose Freddie but he may be just too expensive for the Braves to sign. I am biased of course so I think based on the season (slash line/ WAR+) Harper should get NL MVP but his team did not make the play-offs so Freddie will probably get it and really a legit argument can me made for him getting it especially if the Braves win it all.
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Post by old_noob »

As a child in the south in the early-mid 1970's, I remember how monumentally bad the Braves were back then. How do you lead the league in homers and finish in the cellar every year?? Can pitching be that bad?
Yes, I saw the Berlin Wall go down, saw the USSR break up, etc. but when I saw the Braves in the World Series a few years later, I knew the world had really changed.
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Post by deck_luck »

old_noob wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:32 pm As a child in the south in the early-mid 1970's, I remember how monumentally bad the Braves were back then.
Yeah, back then the Braves had the nickname boo-boos . :lol:
In the 1990s they turned it around. I was fortunate to attend all of the home games in the 1995 World Series. During the last out of the final game everyone in Fulton County stadium stood up at the same time. I could feel the stadium bowing and flexing like being on a bridge when a big semi comes rolling along.

majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Well I felt like I was watching the Phillies last night - some bad defense and worse pitching
The Braves got this far and they beat the Dodgers in the NLCS so I suppose they can still win it all but they will have their work cut out for them going back to Houston. Maybe the DH actually may help them . . . . Joc Peterson as DH ? ? ?
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Post by deck_luck »

Max Fried came through as expected with some stellar pitching. Max will be a Hall of Fame pitcher assuming he stays healthy. He has the right stuff to get there.

majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

deck_luck wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:03 pm Max Fried came through as expected with some stellar pitching. Max will be a Hall of Fame pitcher assuming he stays healthy. He has the right stuff to get there.
Yep - "they" (you know the proverbial they - whoever they are) say pitching is comprised of three important elements Location, Movement and
Velocity. Of the Three Location is by far the most important and then Movement - Velosity is last. Yet now days it seems pitchers concentrate on speed. Look at my team the Phillies - they have a few guys who throw 100 but can't locate the ball . . . . you never heard of them. Fried has filthy command of his pitches he can paint the edges of the strike zone so well that like many great pitchers even when he is just a tiny bit off the plate he is going to get the call. And when he wants he can get the pitch up in the high 90s. People say baseball is boring but I love to watch pitchers like Fried pitch and shut good hitters down.

Yeah it was a good World Series
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

Nope. I watch UofM college football. GO BLUE!
Tom Brady and the Buccaneers!!

Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

coffee412 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:06 pm Nope. I watch UofM college football. GO BLUE!
Tom Brady and the Buccaneers!!

How does a U of Michigan fan become a Bucs fan ? ? ? ? ? Bears maybe ?
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

My Brother in law lives in Tampa. ;) . Hey, Its better than the Lions!
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

coffee412 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:28 pm
My Brother in law lives in Tampa. ;) . Hey, Its better than the Lions!
Right - I should have thought of the Lions - OK then.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

I haven't watched the WS for 30 years now, except for a few times in the late 90s when the Yankees were playing. One reason is how the batters are babied over the pitchers. One inside pitch and they throw the bat at the pitcher. Never mind how they crowd over the plate. I remember a story from way back, a batter was digging into the batter's box, and when he was done, the pitcher said that is where he was gonna get buried. It just isn't the same game today as it was when I was a kid.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Schultz wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:21 pm It just isn't the same game today as it was when I was a kid.
Case in point:

The next MLB game you watch will be different. The question is how … and when

Return to “Open Chat”