Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Off this morning for first covid 19 vaccine jab

Post by SMG »

The U.S.A. changed booster criteria this past weekend and I qualified for jab #3 which I received a few hours ago. I brought stuff to do while I did my 15 minute wait, but the pharmacist said since I didn't have any reactions to the first two shots that I didn't have to wait there for 15 minutes. 8)

I told her how I had a sore arm for 4-5 days after my flu shot and she said I was the third person to tell her their arm was more sore from this year's flu shot than from the COVID shots. I was starting to wonder if I had an odd reaction to it, but apparently others also noticed the difference I did.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Because of the requirements of the pharmacy where I obtained my booster, my booster was Pfizer just like my first two vaccines.

I received it in the middle of the afternoon on Monday thinking it might make me tired like one of the earlier ones did and I could mostly sleep off the effects. Things didn't quite go that way this time. I was perkier than normal until I went to bed. In fact, I stayed up later than I normally do because I was still so wide awake. :shock:

I woke the next morning and headed out for my normal morning exercise. Not long into my route I thought I might have to sit on the sidewalk for a while I felt so drained. I made it back and did a face plant on my bed for a while until I generated enough energy to get up and make breakfast. My face visited the bed quite a bit that day. I was not tired enough to sleep, but it was like all my muscles had been completely drained of energy.

I felt better the following morning (and skipped the exercise to make sure I would feel alright all day), but that evening my arm became intensely itchy. I checked and I had a swollen red patch around the location where I received the shot. That was ~52 hours after receiving the shot. Although the area had been sore, I hadn't noticed any redness or itchiness until then.

It's still red now (the subsequent day), but it seems like the heat and color intensity are slowly fading. My energy levels are back to normal today.

Weird that it seems like I had the localized reaction after the more widespread reaction. :?
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

My booster third vaccination (Pfizer) was two days ago, and the side effects were the same as those of the previous two (Astra Zeneca): absolutely none whatsoever.
Cliff Coggin
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

the Main Issue here, in Australia
- - is getting the Numbers "up" so to speak.

the Fed Gov't is still talking about "opening up" the boarders .. soon.
:)
they are hitting an issue, with this, as the Local W.A. based Gov't won't talk about this,
- until next early year . . . some borders are now "open" . . and some folks can now travel, but not everywhere.
but .. only if they are "double vaccinated".
:roll:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator note: Off-topic post removed. This thread is for people to share their experiences with the vaccines. This is not a place for debate about one's personal political views of the vaccines.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hi, folks.
Had my 3rd vaccination yesterday. Moderna this time. The side effects are a bit stronger here and last a bit longer than after the second jab , Biontech/Pfizer. (Feeling dizzy, Miss Lizzy, all day long and as if I had fever.)
Now I have tested the big 3: Astra Zeneca, Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna.
Wondering which one I will get for my 4th vaccination? ... Well, may depend who will be faster releasing an update, which can fight the Omicron variant efficiently, Moderna or Biontech/Pfizer.
After the current vaccination is before the next vaccination. :roll:
Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

karlchen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:06 pmAfter the current vaccination is before the next vaccination. :roll:
booster.jpg
Last edited by karlchen on Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: full post quote shortened
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Had our booster shots about three weeks ago, 3x pfizer. Me - as the others, no side effects. My better half, thought she had flu for a few days and still not over it. Now a cough, something she might have got from the grandkids, but not covid (lateral flow tests every other day). Just shows how it affects different people differently.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

AndyMH wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:46 pm Just shows how it affects different people differently.
Referring to viewtopic.php?f=58&t=340665&p=2045862#p2045862 I'm starting to suspect that time between shots may be the more/most important metric. PB2 was not (very) long after PB1 and was disposed of much quicker.

Code: Select all

AstraZeneca	Pfizer/BioNTech 1	P/B 2
Pain inj. site/arm	8		3			2
Tiredness		7		8			4
Headache		8		8			3
Muscle pain		7		7			4
Chills/shivers		8		2			0
Fever			6		4			1
Nausea			6		4			1
General malaise		4		8			2
			--		--			--
			54		44			17
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

I've had two Pfizer shots (spring/early summer), and I think that's quite enough for me. First shot no side effects, second shot gave me a rather nasty evening. No inclination to try any more of them.

As I'm not old, healthy, have a healthy lifestyle with lots of green stuff for food and daily outdoor exercise, a fine BMI etc., I'll take my chances with bloody COVID from now on. No 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th etc. shots for me, thank you very much. :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

rene wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:08 pm I'm starting to suspect that time between shots may be the more/most important metric.
For most of the UK:
  • 2nd shot = 12 weeks after first (was supposed to be sooner, but we didn't have enough vaccine at the time)
  • 3rd shot = 6 months after second (now reduced to 3 months because of omicron)
Because we are 'old' and had our jabs sooner we had our 3rd jab after 6 months.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

I got an email yesterday from my daughter-in-law saying that my son, her, and two older children have all had Covid. They were pretty miserable for 12 days and still aren't feeling 100% yet. She also mentioned that they had received their boosters yet. She admitted they probably caught it from attending a ball game and they all will get their boosters when they are able to.

I spoke to my sister just a little while ago and she said my niece, who is expecting, and my 3 year old grand nephew have had Covid. Their's wasn't too bad but my grand nephew's father is still in pretty bad shape.

All of them live in Texas.

People, please, please get your shots, no matter how unpleasant the reaction may or may not be! No matter how bad it may be, the reaction will be nowhere nearly as bad as getting Covid. Even if you are lucky and don't have symptoms, you could be spreading it to others who may not fare as well.

Mask up and avoid unnecessary travel and socializing, for crying out loud. Delta was bad enough but Omicron is spreading like spilled water on a hard floor. I get it; masks suck...big time. But, they are proven to reduce the spread of the virus. Social distancing, not traveling, etc. is inconvenient but is also proven to reduce the spread of the disease. Every Holiday season, when people travel in large numbers, always starts a new surge.

Shots (and their reactions) are a pain, masks are obnoxious, and staying home and avoiding contact with people is horribly inconvenient but it's the only way we are going to get this damned disease under control!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Omikron might be the saviour, people.... Highly infectious, but much less sickening. Such a variant was expected, because the evolutionary impetus for each and every virus is to become less sickening (because that helps it to stick around and to spread). Looks like this is finally it. :mrgreen:

Last week, the WHO has predicted that half of the Europeans will get Omikron in the coming six to eight weeks. Add a couple of weeks, and we'll be at 90 percent or more. Excellent!

This'll probably create a group immunity that'll reduce COVID-19 to the importance of just another ordinary seasonal flu. Then we can get back to the "old normal" on the double. At bloody last. I'm sick and tired of everything that has to do with this virus.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Pjotr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 pm Omikron might be the saviour, people.... Highly infectious, but much less sickening. Such a variant was expected, because the evolutionary impetus for each and every virus is to become less sickening (because that helps it to stick around and to spread). Looks like this is finally it. :mrgreen:
The U.S. death rate from COVID is back up to where it was in early October and continuing to climb. Lots of hospitals are maxed out here and looks like it is going to be a while before it starts getting better. It's a good thing so many people have been vaccinated already or the toll from Omicron would likely be really bad in the U.S.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Pjotr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 pm Omikron might be the saviour, people.... Highly infectious, but much less sickening. Such a variant was expected, because the evolutionary impetus for each and every virus is to become less sickening (because that helps it to stick around and to spread). Looks like this is finally it. :mrgreen:

Last week, the WHO has predicted that half of the Europeans will get Omikron in the coming six to eight weeks. Add a couple of weeks, and we'll be at 90 percent or more. Excellent!

This'll probably create a group immunity that'll reduce COVID-19 to the importance of just another ordinary seasonal flu. Then we can get back to the "old normal" on the double. At bloody last. I'm sick and tired of everything that has to do with this virus.
Don't be so optimistic. Read these articles:

ca.news.yahoo.com/long-does-immunity-la ... 10533.html

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/12/ ... effective/

The immunity you get from having Covid is less and shorter lived than what you get from the vaccines and their boosters. Even the vaccines and their boosters are not going to last forever. Each new variant that comes down the pike is more contagious than the previous one and the shots become less and less effective at protecting us from the new variants. Even though Omnicron tends to not make people as sick, hospitals are still filling up with the serious and deathly ill. Services are being curtailed because they don't have enough healthy people to run them.

Covid is like the flu; it's here to stay, no matter how many people get it, and we will one or more boosters every year to keep in check. I'm sick of all the deaths that are happening because people just won't get the damned shots.

I'm sick with worry over my niece's unborn baby and how s/he will fare after my niece's bout with Covid.

To everyone reading this, please, please, suck it up, Buttercup, and just get the damned shots already!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

Well, in The Netherlands the number of infections is skyrocketing (almost all Omikron), but the number of hospitalizations consistently keeps going down.....

The thing is, that infections are becoming less and less important. So their number becomes irrelevant. When you don't become seriously ill, an infection no longer matters.

Furthermore, even though a previous infection won't protect you against infection by future new variants, it's highly likely to protect you against becoming seriously ill from those future new variants.

Instead of a permanent medicalization of the entire population (an eternal jabbing circus), governments should focus on promoting a healthy lifestyle, e.g. weight loss, healthy food, intake of vitamin D3, physical exercise and so on. Plus promotion of adequate ventilation of buildings (creating a healthy indoors). This will save many lives, not only from COVID-19 and all its future variants, but also from a lot of other diseases.

Personally, I got my two Pfizer jabs last summer. First one no problems, second one made me sick (luckily just for one nasty evening). I'm not going to partake in the eternal booster circus. Because I'm not eager to find out what nastiness a booster shot might have in store for me. And because there's no real need for those consecutive jabs anymore, thanks to Omikron.... :wink:

Make your lifestyle healthier: good for you, good for the people around you, good for society as a whole.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Reminder:
This is NOT a place for debate about vaccinations / boosters, yes or no. Kindly stop that right now.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Oldun
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Oldun »

We (me + the cheese and kisses) have now had 3 vaccinations - 2 x Astra Zenica & the Pfizer booster. Neither of us has had any side effects whatsoever, not even a sore injection site.
My opinion - GET THE SHOTS, it may well reduce your risk of serious disease.
Lenovo T480s i5 Mint Cinnamon Mint 21.2 Victoria
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

Finally got a coupon from my city office for my booster jab. Fiddling with the online booking system on LINE was a PIA (Not in Engrish obviously) but eventually got a booking with my GP for February 7!
ugly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ugly »

Got my third shot. In Ontario they are using Moderna for the booster unless you are under 30. So I ended up with first two Pfizer and the third a Moderna.

No side effects at all. My arm is a little sore at the injection. There was a small amount of blood where I got stabbed this time, so that might be why it seems a little more painful than a usual shot.

Return to “Open Chat”