Custom SSD Dock Build (Success! sorta)

Chat about just about anything else
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Custom SSD Dock Build (Success! sorta)

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Marie SWE wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:30 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:21 pm
Marie SWE wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Damn :shock: then I have to solve it this year :shock:
oh wait.. if I pretend it is the lower one and 27 was a typo, so then it is 26, and I have one more year to fix it...... nice 8) :mrgreen: :lol:
Nice try. I'm watching you!
oh, look over there.. so nice flowers. :D .................. :shock: (running fast and hiding while you looking at the flowers.) :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Again, nice try.
Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, so, to ensure the safety of one's data, backup your data!

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a computer

Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit - System 76 Serval WS (serw11) 17" Laptop
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Marie SWE wrote:
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Nice try. I'm watching you!
oh, look over there.. so nice flowers. :D .................. :shock: (running fast and hiding while you looking at the flowers.) :P
hmmm...... *thinking* hmmm..... They have 90% off on the fashion dress store over there.. run and look. :P
if you want my attention...quote me so I get a notification
Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer to solve..
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Marie SWE wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:30 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Marie SWE wrote:

hmmm...... *thinking* hmmm..... They have 90% off on the fashion dress store over there.. run and look. :P
Being old and fat, I'm getting too butch for that one to work. :lol:
Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, so, to ensure the safety of one's data, backup your data!

Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit - System 76 Serval WS (serw11) 17" Laptop
Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 pm
Marie SWE wrote:
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

hmmm... hmmm... hmmm.... Oh.. They have a old Chevy pickup from the 60's with a full original restoration in mint condition for only $100 only one block away... run :mrgreen:
It is like it is.. because you do as you do.. if you hadn't done it as you did.. it wouldn't have become as it is. ;)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Marie SWE wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 pm
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Marie SWE wrote:

hmmm... hmmm... hmmm.... Oh.. They have a old Chevy pickup from the 60's with a full original restoration in mint condition for only $100 only one block away... run :mrgreen:
Hah! Forget Chebby/Jimmy! I'm a Ford girl and I'm happy with the old girl I have now!
Jeannie

Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:33 pm
Marie SWE wrote:
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

Hah! Forget Chebby/Jimmy! I'm a Ford girl and I'm happy with the old girl I have now!
okay then... if i buy you a coffee or tea, will you then look the other way. :lol:
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Marie SWE wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:15 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Marie SWE wrote:

okay then... if i buy you a coffee or tea, will you then look the other way. :lol:
I don't drink tea and I can't stand the taste of coffee (seriously; I can't have caffeine anyway). I do have to give you points for persistence.
Jeannie

Marie SWE
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Marie SWE »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:28 am
Marie SWE wrote:
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

I don't drink tea and I can't stand the taste of coffee (seriously; I can't have caffeine anyway). I do have to give you points for persistence.
Damn girl... what is the price for you to look the other way then. :lol:

Lets not trash your thread any more. :mrgreen: It is always fun to chat and joke around with you.
I look forward to your next fixing and creating posts. :mrgreen: keep it up. :mrgreen:
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Marie SWE wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:59 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:28 am
Marie SWE wrote:

Damn girl... what is the price for you to look the other way then. :lol:

Lets not trash your thread any more. :mrgreen: It is always fun to chat and joke around with you.
I look forward to your next fixing and creating posts. :mrgreen: keep it up. :mrgreen:
Thanks! You are also fun to kid around with!

(BTW, chocolate, tools)
Jeannie

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 11
Level 11

Since people are still reading this thread :shock: , here is a quickie update. Since I last posted an update (not just chatting), I've had the opportunity to do some really massive simultaneous updates and the dock is noticeably faster than when I was using four USB ports—two USB 3.2 Gen 2 and two USB 3.1 Gen 1 (formerly known as USB 3.0 :roll: )—and has been working without an problems.

The work flow I've settled into is, while the dock's Blunderbolt hub is powered off, I load it up with four backup SSDs, then turn on the power. It takes around 8-9 seconds for the drives to mount. They mount in a random order each time but that only mildly annoys my OCD and doesn't affect operation. Once my backup updates are done and the drives have been safely removed to unmount them, I unplug them, then turn off the power to the dock/hub. While the dock/hub is still powered off, I can load the next set of drives, then turn on the power, or just replace the dust cover and go my merry way.

If I load less than four drives into the dock, it takes about a minute before any drives will mount so, either I load all four drives in a set, whether they need it or not, or I use one or two of the "cables" I made from cut down enclosures to connect the drives to the computer.
Jeannie

Return to “Open Chat”