Linux Mint Gets Ranked

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
12padams

Linux Mint Gets Ranked

Post by 12padams »

Hey everyone! I thought I would share this video with you that my mum and I made to rank the best 3 operating systems and worst 3 operating systems. Basically she has spent about 20-30 minutes performing similar tasks on 12 different operating systems made from 1985-2012. She has chosen the top 3 and worst 3 operating systems out of those 12 tried. And yes... Linux Mint made one of those lists ;)

She tried the following operating systems:
Windows 1.01 (1985)
Windows 3.11 (1992)
MS-DOS 6.22 (1994)
Microsoft BOB (1995)
Mac OSX 10.2 Jaguar (2002)
Joli OS 1.2 (2011)
Windows 8 (2012)
Ubuntu 12.10 (2012)
Elementary OS Luna Beta 1 (2012)
Kubuntu 12.10 (2012)
Zorin 6.1 (2012)
Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition (2012)

Hope you all enjoy the video ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTOavWs6Aw

Please note the clips of her trying operating systems within this video are heavily shortened. If you would like to watch the the full experiences you can check out the unedited versions on our youtube channel OSFirstTimer. You can also check out the operating systems she tried that didn't make either of these lists ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux Mint Gets Ranked

Post by tenfoot »

Excellent series. Congratulations! One simple OS you didn't get around to was SolusOS v1.2 It comes in both x32 amd x65 versions.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
12padams

Post by 12padams »

In no way is this over... I just wanted to make a OS ranking system of what my mum has tried so far...
CurtisCoburn

Post by CurtisCoburn »

Nice video. That one Microsoft Operating System looks like something crazy hard to use. Who in the world would want to study a book that big to understand how to use the computer. I would never want to use that kind of computer, unless it was all downloaded into my brain. We aren't there yet, so I'll stay away from that kind...

Zorin OS is a very good one. When I used it, I was impressed, and I installed it on my dads computer when I got him to switch from Windows Vista to Zorin. So far, he likes it, just because it's fimilar, and it works right out of the box. He can use his printer, and get online, and do everything he need to do. And it does not give him the Blue Screen of Death. Yes, he had that problem. Something Windows is knows for.

Return to “Open Chat”