Community.linuxmint site extremely slow in loading

Chat about just about anything else
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

Community.linuxmint site extremely slow in loading

Post by ASmith »

For the past several days I've noted the community.linuxmint.com website has been extremely slow and sluggish in loading. I have tried using various browsers which all presented near time-outs and extremely sluggish use.

I'm also unable to reply to numerous comments and unable to promote ideas. Not sure if some troll messed around with my privileges here as some sick joke or the Community website is simply abandoned and this problem has slid beneath notice.

Being unable to promote (vote on) an idea and leave comments appears to signal the Community website doesn't want Linux Mint users using it as it is designed.

I look forward to when attention is given to the Community forum server software and that site is debugged and restored to at least being able to be used.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Community.linuxmint site extremely slow in loading

Post by catweazel »

I'm on the opposite side of the planet and it loads quickly here. It must be your route to the site causing it.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ASmith »

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll keep on working on the client side of the problem here and try some UK proxys to see if that helps any. At the moment I can't even leave a replying comment to those promoting my ideas.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

I just logged in and upvoted some ideas. BTW is eveyone one on community.linuxmint.com a flamer, cause all they seem to do is downvote everything.
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ASmith »

grimdestripador wrote:I just logged in and upvoted some ideas. BTW is eveyone one on community.linuxmint.com a flamer, cause all they seem to do is downvote everything.
Yes, it appears so. Promote an idea and some folks appear to run deliberately over to demote it seemingly in a vendetta fashion. What's their agenda and endgame you think grimdestripador?
Last edited by ASmith on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Oscar799 »

Votes give an indication of how popular or otherwise an idea is
Moderators and developers read the ideas and decide if they are :-
1.Possible
2.Within the scope of the Mint project and it's developers - eg. Mint devs don't create hardware drivers
3.In keeping with the overall direction the project is going in - Mint is a desktop distro
4.Achievable with Mint's current resources

If an idea meets some of these criteria it may be looked at more seriously even if it hasn't scored highly in the voting system

The Community Site has been loading rather slowly and misbehaving recently - Clem made some adjustments to it a couple of days ago and hopefully it has improved.
ASmith
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ASmith »

The flaming comments, false claims on just about any discussion on privacy or security by a small group labelling those that engage in such discussions as 'paranoid' seems to indicate a pattern that goes far and beyond the norm in any computer user group and into the realm of vendettas and hidden agendas.

I've taken the time and consideration to post various suggestions as I saw fit resulting from what I felt would be useful to all future Linux Mint releases.

Return to “Open chat”