Debian forum, Mint haters

Chat about just about anything else
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Debian forum, Mint haters

Post by MALsPa »

samriggs wrote:As far as debian forums goes, I get help from that forum at times, and never had an issue, I just ignore the distro attacks, just like a lot here don't like ubuntu, it don't matter.
That's really the key, just ignore that stuff, unless you find it entertaining (which it can be, at times, when it isn't just boring or annoying). Anyway, certain people at a distro's forums aren't gonna have anything to do with whether or not I use that distro. Debian's a great distro and if you can do halfway decent web searches you'll probably never need to ask for help at the Debian forums, anyway.
samriggs
Level 6
Level 6

Post by samriggs »

edited and removed as it seemed to offend to many
sorry folks
Sam
Last edited by samriggs on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
Manjaro XFCE / Mint Cinnamon
asus X751LX and an acer and a toshiba and another asus
gnudude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gnudude »

samriggs wrote:ya some of it is entertaining at times,
especially opinionated threads about how terrible someone was at another forum because they offered their opinion about something....
nadir
Level 3
Level 3

Post by nadir »

You got the freedom to hate Windows. You got the freedom to bash Windows.
You got the freedom to hate Ubuntu. You got the freedom to bash Ubuntu.
I got the freedom to not like a community with the highest goal: to not be Windows (no matter what costs).
I even got the freedom to not like it without any reason.
If you want to bash any other OS you should be able to others bashing the distro you love more than your wife.

Learn any OS, learn it well, and do what needs to be done. And no: posting your new shot at twitter is not what i call: needs to be done. Postin g a dozen of smileys isn't it neither.
GNU was and is an operating system by hackers for hackers (by programmers for programmers).
The distros which make it look otherwise are based on other distros. I wouldn't call them distros at all, but rather remixes, focused at certain needs (family friendlyness with the lack of what hackers have to offer. Nope, it's not social skills. It might be worth to look at it anyway).
Beardedragon
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Beardedragon »

Has anyone even read all of both posts? It's all Debian. Just two different releases, Testing and Stable. I think you just want to stir things up because you don't have a life. Unfortunately, I read all of it. I'm retired and Forums are my life, yuk yuk yuk! :twisted:
Robert Collard, Madison, WI
Linux Mint 19.2 Tina Kernel: 4.15.0-55
Desktop System: HP EliteDesk 705 G1 SFF
CPU: Quad Core model: AMD A10-6800K APU
NVIDIA GK208 [GeForce GT 720] nvidia v: 340.107
Acer Technologies 24" 1920 x 1080
gnudude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gnudude »

nadir wrote:You got the freedom to hate Windows. You got the freedom to bash Windows.
You got the freedom to hate Ubuntu. You got the freedom to bash Ubuntu.
I got the freedom to not like a community with the highest goal: to not be Windows (no matter what costs).
I even got the freedom to not like it without any reason.
If you want to bash any other OS you should be able to others bashing the distro you love more than your wife.

Learn any OS, learn it well, and do what needs to be done. And no: posting your new shot at twitter is not what i call: needs to be done. Postin g a dozen of smileys isn't it neither.
GNU was and is an operating system by hackers for hackers (by programmers for programmers).
The distros which make it look otherwise are based on other distros. I wouldn't call them distros at all, but rather remixes, focused at certain needs (family friendlyness with the lack of what hackers have to offer. Nope, it's not social skills. It might be worth to look at it anyway).
tell it like it is brutha :lol:
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Different attitudes in different places. It's prevalent in different ways no matter where you go or look.

Go to MacRumors forum sometime. It's a site dedicated to all things Apple and you'd be surprised how many people there use and buy Apple products and run iOS or OSX, yet they still bash Apple at a lot of opportunities. It's a strange thing to observe, but it is often done in a courteous way rather than blatantly offensive so it's tolerated well. I find it interesting because of my experience here and on Ubuntu's forums.

I experienced similar things at the Debian forum, mostly watching it happen to others, and I quietly dismissed myself and moved on.

Return to “Open chat”