rooting my new tablet

Chat about just about anything else
yarndiva
Level 1
Level 1

rooting my new tablet

Post by yarndiva »

hello there. I recently got a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for work. However, I want to root it to install a custom ROM. I am using Mint 14. I do have a windows based system here at home and work, but I would rather not fire them up.

I installed an app that lets me root without the use of a computer, but I think it won't work because I do not have an SD card mounted to my tablet.

I'm pretty tech savvy, but this is new to me..

help appreciated!
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Re: rooting my new tablet

Post by proxima_centauri »

* Moved to Open Chat subforum
OldManHook
Level 5
Level 5

Post by OldManHook »

Dude :!:
Just Do A Google Search :idea: I think there is a How-to Guide For Yours With Links To What You Need :)
Just to be sure This is the Linux Mint Forum...As to your :?: Google (Or whatever Search You Use) is Your >>>Good Luck :(
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Gandhi
yarndiva
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yarndiva »

OldManHook wrote:Dude :!:
Just Do A Google Search :idea: I think there is a How-to Guide For Yours With Links To What You Need :)
Just to be sure This is the Linux Mint Forum...As to your :?: Google (Or whatever Search You Use) is Your >>>Good Luck :(
no dice. I did that first. it was all how to root said tablet using a windows operating system, which I do not have. Thats why I am asking here.
kurotsugi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by kurotsugi »

it will be difficult to do it on linux. there are several adb related exploit to do it but it doesn't always work. I'm not even sure if the adb will work since linux's adb is tend to buggy compared to windows one. anyway, you can try to find an app in XDA developer forum called framaroot. it's an app to root every device without computer. I haven't check whether if your device supported or not but even if your device isn't listed on supported device list you can try it. this app is still under development. in some cases, it also work for non listed devices.