How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus

Chat about just about anything else
Aleenik
Level 1
Level 1

How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus

Post by Aleenik »

There is now an official guide for uninstalling one of the most hated antivirus programs around. Possibly NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus

Post by wyrdoak »

IMHO, Most of the premium AV software on the market is worst than the viruses they are suppose to be protecting you from. On a Windows PC, if I'm install it, that is one of the first things I do once I get to the desktop. [Never activate it even for a "free" trial, uninstall all traces]The operator is still the best line of defense, on emails, I tell people, if they are from me and you haven't seen a previous email from me telling you I'm sending an attachment, delete the attachment, do not open it. Usually so they will not completely unprotected from a slip in judgment I will install AVG. But they are getting sneakier about the questions when you download a program now most as full of crap they try to trick you into installing, I had to read the question during one installation 3 times before I figure out how keep it from installing with the program. Then I run Malwarebytes at least once a week, or after a program is downloaded from the NET.

Now I know a lot of people are getting flashbacks from the past. :lol:
-Dell Mini Inspiron 910 Netbook-Atom CPU-N270-1.60ghz; 16gbs mini ePCI PATA SSD
15GB RAM- 1gbs-(LinixMint-19.3: LMDE)

samriggs
Level 6
Level 6

Post by samriggs »

:shock: almost forgot why I left windoze besides the slowness, until I read this.
oh ya the AV slowed it down due to constantly running.
thanks for nightmares of days gone by :lol:
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
Manjaro XFCE / Mint Cinnamon
asus X751LX and an acer and a toshiba and another asus

Aleenik
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aleenik »

I was expecting you guys to mention the content of the video, not the quality of McAfee.:P I've used McAfee before and it was a horrible experience. I only used it though because my dad installed it on his laptop. When I use Windows (I no longer do, but I probably will again one day for video games) I usually just use Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.

Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

There is now an official guide for uninstalling one of the most hated antivirus programs around.
Nope - that honor goes to Norton AntiVirus.
- that even has dedicated web sites, for info on removing that octopus.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

wayne128
Level 10
Level 10

Post by wayne128 »

I helped many people reinstall WinXp/vista/7

same thing, the first thing I uninstall is ANY virus program, Norton, MacAfee, whatever

and all I do is install MSE for them, always works fast and in the background, not trying to let you boot with 5-10 minutes ( old time) and not always busy asking you to decides..
serious a few users asked me often what to do with those busy decisions, I always tell them, uninstall and put in MSE.

smooth for many users over three years.

Aleenik
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aleenik »

Pierre wrote:
There is now an official guide for uninstalling one of the most hated antivirus programs around.
Nope - that honor goes to Norton AntiVirus.
- that even has dedicated web sites, for info on removing that octopus.
I didn't say "the most hated" I said "one of the most hated".:P I agree that Norton is worse.

Btw, did anyone here actually watch the video? It's not an actual uninstallation guide lol.

wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wyrdoak »

As far as the video, I didn't comment much on it because it was the truth. :? I usually threaten a computer at least once a week about ripping it out by the wires, tying it to the trailer hitch of my truck, and dragging it around town a while. :) So shooting one would be right up there, but it's too noisy. As far as the attitude of the company and the CEO, isn't that how the top 1% live? :mrgreen:
-Dell Mini Inspiron 910 Netbook-Atom CPU-N270-1.60ghz; 16gbs mini ePCI PATA SSD
15GB RAM- 1gbs-(LinixMint-19.3: LMDE)

Return to “Open chat”